Topic: Printing at .1mm, I'm getting some holes in the top of my prints

I'm getting some holes in the tops of my prints.  I'm printing at .1mm layer height with infill on each layer at .20 density.  Oh, and I'm using Slic3r and  Repetier.  I will try to post a picture later.  Does anyone have a suggestion for what to tweak settings wise?  I was thinking I might need to set the perimeters higher.  I'm not sure what it's set to now.  Probably the default.

Re: Printing at .1mm, I'm getting some holes in the top of my prints

Are the holes on the flat top of the print, or is there a curved edge (fillet) leading to the top?  If the holes are on the edge, you need more perimeters.  If the holes are on the top, you need more infill or maybe 1-2 extra solid layers.  A hexagonal infill will support a top layer better than something like Line.

You can also set the thread widths to .42 rather than leaving them at 0, which is automatic.  A wider thread will be able to support a layer above that is set way back due to a shallow curve.

Ian,

I've got the width set to .42 I think already (I'm not at the printer right now to check.  The holes are in the top of the model.  Can we set the infill to hexagonal in Slic3r?  I thought that was only for support material not infill.  Anyway I will have a look when I get back to the printer tonight.

It's called Honeycomb in Slic3r.