1 (edited by satman49 2013-05-30 17:13:31)

Topic: TEXT

I can print text to a certain degreee but as the pic shows , after slicing ,the numbers( same for letters) don't  fill in. Then it prints what it sees. I tried several fonts and sizes, same thing. Sliced at both .1mm and .3mm but no luck.

Post's attachments

ss2013.bmp 2.25 mb, 23 downloads since 2013-05-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

Re: TEXT

Pic shows?  I don't see it.  Text (or any high resolution feature) is particularly susceptible to slicing choices.  By no means am I an expert, but I find the best success by forcing a single perimeter (to allow as much fill-in as possible), Extrude letters at least 0.4mm, but most importantly is the font choice.  I have the best luck with san serif fonts that have a fairly uniform brush width through the stroke of the letter, e.g., the width of all parts of a capital letter "C" are the same.  Also, I steer away from lower case unless the letters are big.

Cheers,
Fred
Fredrick C. Hagemeister
http://blog.richmond.edu/ti3d

Re: TEXT

OPPS  I edited my post

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.