Topic: JAFO

Hi All!

My name is Pete.

I'm a Design Engineer with over 30 years experience doing product design /development for the medical device industry.

Originally from South Florida, I relocated to Central Texas a little over 5 years ago.

I recently purchased a Solidoodle 3 and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I figured I'd join the forum here and see what I could learn about this device before it arrives.

I've been having rapid prototypes made since the '90s and as recent as a couple years ago was running a Dimension Elite FDM modeler at work.

Really looking forward to absorbing as much as I can and also contributing once I have my machine in hand and running.

See you all out on the forum!

Pete

Re: JAFO

Welcome, PeteKK,

I used to write software for guys doing design in the medical industry :-). What CAD software did you use?

This forum has been great for helping me get ramped up or troubleshooting.

SD2, glass bed, MK5 setup with E3D lite extruder
NX and Solid Edge CAD user
PI, Galileo, and arduino hacker
Code Monkey and Twitter user @burhop

Hi Mark...

I've used quite a few.

Started with AutoCAD then used Pro/E for about 10 years and now SolidWorks. I've always been interested in 3D modelling and animation so I even went on to learn programs like Maya and 3D Studio.

Looks like a lot of us are just getting on the solidoodle wagon!  Looking forward to seeing what you create!