Topic: What to inspect when receiving your Solidoodle?

I am away on business in the Middle East for a few months and my Solidoodle came in the mail right after I left (of course).  My concern is that so much time will pass between when I received the printer and when I am home and able to inspect it for shipping damage that Solidoodle support may wonder why I am only now emailing them about shipping damage.

My fiance is available to remove my printer from the box and take pictures for me to inspect....  What are the common parts that can be damaged in shipping?  Also any tips to not damage the printer when removing packaging would help as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: What to inspect when receiving your Solidoodle?

Really the only thing I see that might get damaged would be the electronics on the back of the unit.  They are packaged pretty well though so removing all the bubble wrap carefully would be your best bet.  The electronics are the only thing that aren't protected by the steel housing.

She could look for cracks in the printed Y carriages, which ride on the rods on each side of the printer.

Thanks guys, now I just have to figure out how to relay this information to someone who has difficulty turning the TV on.... I'm thinking pictures with arrows are my best bet.

skype or facetime is your best bet!  smile At the very least text pics