1 (edited by Briggs 2013-05-15 16:56:36)

Topic: trying to update RH and Slic3r

Where exactly in RH does one find the "check for update" in the menu of repetier-host? I am trying to update both RH and Slic3er without having to start over. I read in a previous post that RH has a check for update item in the menu but I can't find it.

2 (edited by DynamechGT 2013-05-15 18:08:30)

Re: trying to update RH and Slic3r

I think it's under the help menu but I can't check from here at work.

I upgraded from the solidoodle "all in one download" to the current RH (which includes slic3r) and it worked great except I had to type back in all of my settings.  I haven't quite figured out how to export the settings - either for RH or Slic3r.  When I try the export settings option (in file menu) under RH (preparing for future upgrades), nothing happens.

What I did was just looked at the "about slic3r" under the help menu and noticed my version is old compared to the RH website download.  I downloaded the new version, installed it, uninstalled old version.  (And then had to redo the settings)

EDIT:
My point is....upgrading is easy, just make sure you either have exported your configurations or at least have screenshots of the appropriate settings screens

There is a "Check for Updates" option under the help menu. Mine tells me when I start the software that there is a new version available as well.

SD2
E3D V6
MK5 V6

I have looked. Can't find it.  I'll take a screen shot later. Thanks

My version of RH did not have the "check for updates" under the help menu. I just downloaded the the latest RH from their site, and now my new version (V0.85b) has the "check for updates" menu option. This will make updates a bit easier moving forward.

Glad you got it fixed. This version will probably alert you when you start the program if there is a new version available.

SD2
E3D V6
MK5 V6

I hear you Gordym. Other than the easy new update feature, another nice improvement is the new 9.9 version of slic3r. I had good success with its new raft feature. With that feature, glass mirror, and aquanet, my parts are sticking so hard I have to pry them off.

Jeez, Briggs, how much hairspray are you using? wink

I've had no problems swapping the hot glass with a freshy and then letting it sit for about 5 minutes on a towel.  I hear crackling and the part just pops off the glass; no muss, no fuss..

I use way too much!! And I'm impatient. I will do the two mirror swap, thanks cckens.

have had my printer for about 1 week everything has been going good until tonight when my computer done the window updates. now my repetier host-soidoodle wont work i get the stopped working error. I  have tried to uninstall and reinstall with no luck, I have also done a system restore. so tonight i just tried version 85b and it works without any problems. but i don't have all the settings. what would be the best way for me to find the setting that i need?

11 (edited by Lurkios 2013-05-21 03:42:22)

For anyone interested, here's everything you need to update and restore the default solidoodle settings:

1. Uninstall Solidoodle Repetier Host
2. Install Repetier Host .85b
(unzip the attached package)
3. Double-click the .reg file and allow it to write the entries.
4. Copy the "Slic3r" folder to "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming"

After you open Repetier Host you should be able to select either the Solidoodle 2 or 3 printers from the Printer Settings menu, and the correct options will be available in Slic3r as well.

Note:
-You'll likely need to change the COM port selected in the printer settings.
-While the default Slic3r settings will continue to work as well as they ever did, you'll probably want to check out some of the new features. Aside from the not hanging, there were some pretty cool updates.

Post's attachments

Solidoodle Default Printer Settings.7z 2.25 kb, 8 downloads since 2013-05-21 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.