Topic: Hi from Perth (Australia)

Evening all

I suppose that like most people that have a post in here I am new to the world of 3d printing.  I was introduced to it a few years back by someone that I have lost contact with over the years, and always thought I would like to get into it

I now have the printer, but am trying to get some software that he used to use.  I am hoping that some of the long standing in this community might be able to point me in the right direction

The software program he had was used to convert pictures of people into 3d for printing.  It required us to take 2 or 3 pictures of a persons head (at least front and one side) and then by using key points on the pictures it constructed the model that could be imported into your printers software.

I am trying to get hold of this program so that I can do up a special group print of my family - a little different to the usual pictures that just hang on walls

Cheers

Re: Hi from Perth (Australia)

G'day from Adelaide tongue

There are a few out there, one of the main one's being Autodesk's 123D app. For a more detailed 3D scan, you can also capture stuff with a Kinect and ReconstructMe.

Re: Hi from Perth (Australia)

Hi walshy002000

Thanks for the suggestions smile   I like the look of the AUTODESK 123D app cool  mainly because of the price [and the fact that I have a Wii not an Xbox].  It will be interesting trying it out for the first time as getting 20+ images of a subject that hates being in front of a camera lens will no doubt need me to learn new skills in negotiation hmm