Topic: HELP with slicing problem

Hello everyone I am new to the Forum and have been running into some problems. i will create an stl in Inventor and then when i go to put it into slic3r its not the correct size that i made the object, it is really small. i was able to create one gcode for one thing i created and that came out the right size, but after that whenever i open up an stl file it comes out really small and is not the right size. i have gone though and made sure all of the settings are correct on the print area so i know that that is not the issue. in the picture attached the object im trying to print is 6x3x4 so i know that it should almost take up the entire print space but its really really small.  i have not tried printing anything yet as i am waiting for my printer to come in the mail. any help is greatly appreciated. thank you.

Post's attachments

problem.jpg 119.84 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: HELP with slicing problem

Sounds like there is a mm / inches problem?

Does the ration seem to suggest this?
1 inch = 25.4 millimeters

Why don't you just scale it up with button on right?  If you scale it up, then save as stl, it will be the size you selected next time you load it.

Kvirre wrote:

Sounds like there is a mm / inches problem?

Does the ration seem to suggest this?
1 inch = 25.4 millimeters

Im new to all of this so can you tell me how i can check this? thank you. ive been looking through replicatorg and cannot find it.

Skyblue wrote:

Why don't you just scale it up with button on right?  If you scale it up, then save as stl, it will be the size you selected next time you load it.

I would do that but im not sure the size of the object once i put it in to replicatorg so im not sure how to scale it up to the appropriate size. any ideas on how i can find the size of the object so I am able to scale it up? thank you.

UPDATE

I just tried using different software other than replicatorg to import an stl file i got online and other people have printed it so i know that it should be the right size once i put it into a slicer but its not. the objects are still too small and not the right size and i have no idea on how to fix this. Ive tried using Kisslicer replicatorg and slic3r and all of them seem to put the wrong dimensions in as soon as i import it and make my object very small. any help is greatly appreciated.

It was almost certainly modeled in inches, and needs to be scaled to millimeters. Use the scaling  in Slic3r or other software as was suggested before, scale up by 25.4 to convert the inch measurements to millimeters.

Don: Folger Tech 2020 Kossel Rev A + Borosilicate + Snow Effector
        Davinci 1.0 + Repetier : Filastruder
        SD3 + RAMPS + Lawsy Carriages + E3D + Borosilicate + ... : Cupcake

Leghk wrote:

It was almost certainly modeled in inches, and needs to be scaled to millimeters. Use the scaling  in Slic3r or other software as was suggested before, scale up by 25.4 to convert the inch measurements to millimeters.

correct it was modeled in inches but when i scale it up to 25.4 it makes my object huge when originally it was 7x2.5x2.5 so i know that it should fit. Thank you very much for your reply.

Post's attachments

problem.jpg 119.19 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.