Topic: Paper tags for the Mini W: I'm Stumped

Ok, so I've really tried, done as much troubleshooting as I can.
I am trying to make paper tags with the android apps. I'm on version 1.1.9
(Really hesitant to try to refill my existing tags. as my most full legit tag is only at 41m, and I'm seeing that some of the XYZ filament people are buying now is just coming with NFC stickers instead of real chips. I tried refilling my other, less full tags and they were all blacklisted)

I made sure to get 213 tags, not 215 or some other capacity.

I'm both using a new android phone and an old Galaxy S4, so there shouldn't be a quirk with one single device- I've seen multiple posts specifically talking about the S4. I'm getting the same results from both phones. except Reel Tool wants to crash on the S4.

NFCXYZ Refill Tag Pro 1.6 isn't generating tags that the printers seem to be able to read- I'm simply getting errors stating that there is no spool present at all- the tags are not being recognized, despite them being directly affixed to the bottom of the spool arm.
(Using 200/200 filament length)

The NTAG Refill tool default mode can't seem to do anything with these tags after I used the above tool- it just comes up with blank tag information, only lets me toggle the material, color, whether the UID and Serial Number is valid or not, and not allow me to hit Generate Tag. (Some tutorials state that use of this app is important, others skip it)

Some information IS being written at the NFCXYZ app step- when I use the NTAG Refill tool Dump Editor Read Tool, there's four pages present, with the first six having data, the last two being blank zeroes. None of the tags I've used have become locked.
Reel Tool doesn't seem to want to do much with my paper tags- if I hold them up to either phone, it just repeatedly chimes without doing anything else.

I've also noticed a curious behavior- many people state that you should disconnect the XYZ software from the internet entirely, but my printer will refuse to connect to the software unless a full or partly-full tag is loaded and is connected to the internet. Its making it rather tedious to test things, so I've resorted to simply starting the program with a valid tag, and disconnecting the internet entirely before trying tags.

Anyone have any advice? Am I overlooking something obvious?
With my firmware, should the refill tool for the 40mm spool chip be safe?
Maybe an earlier version of the NFC Refill tool might work? I've seen some folks say that the 1.4 version works better for them, but all the links I've found for it are dead.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Re: Paper tags for the Mini W: I'm Stumped

I sent you a PM regarding this.