Topic: Choosing the Right Polycarbonate Sheet for My Greenhouse Project

https://polykart.co/product-tag/multicell/

Hello fellow gardeners and DIY enthusiasts!

I'm in the early stages of planning a greenhouse project to extend my gardening season, and I've heard that polycarbonate sheets are a great option for glazing. I've done some research, but I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the variety of polycarbonate sheets available. I thought I'd reach out to this knowledgeable community for some advice.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Durability: I want the greenhouse to withstand heavy winds and snow loads, as I live in an area with harsh winters.

Light Transmission: I need good light diffusion for optimal plant growth. I've read that some polycarbonate sheets come with special coatings for UV protection and light diffusion.

Insulation: Since I plan to use the greenhouse year-round, insulation is crucial. I want to maintain a stable temperature without excessive heating or cooling costs.

Ease of Installation: I have some DIY experience, but I'm not a professional. I'm looking for sheets that are relatively easy to cut and install.

Cost: Of course, budget is a concern, so I'm aiming for a balance between quality and affordability.

Do any of you have experience with polycarbonate sheets in greenhouse projects?

What brands or types of polycarbonate sheets have you used, and how did they perform?
Any recommendations for thickness (e.g., 6mm, 8mm, 10mm)?
Are there specific coatings or treatments I should consider for UV protection and light diffusion?
Tips for installation or any potential challenges I should be aware of?
I really appreciate any insights and advice you can provide. Your experiences will be invaluable in helping me make the right choice for my greenhouse project. Thanks in advance!