Topic: Manipulate NFC tag with Iphone

Hey guys I just got a Da Vinci Mini w+ and ran into the issue with my spool running "empty" because I used third party filaments. I didn't realize this was going to be an issue until both xyzprint and the third party software MiniMover(Cura won't work for some reason) both won't let me print. I read some of the other topics on this forum and saw that you can essentially reset the NFC chip with an android or an Arduino. I only have an iPhone and was wondering if that would work as well, because all of the apps I see on the apps store seem to run differently. I'm really trying not to spend anymore money including on buying an arduino because I'm on a tight budget. Any help would be greatly appriecated.

Re: Manipulate NFC tag with Iphone

You can reset the chips, but your printer will not accept them as it remembers the chip ID and the length.
Other printers will accept the refilled tag.
Look into paper tags and there are many threads on how to get them accepted by your printer.

Did you ever come up with a solution? I'm having the same issue now. I bought ntag213 tags and the printer is saying the serial number have been used already for the filament....

Jdfpvforever wrote:

Did you ever come up with a solution? I'm having the same issue now. I bought ntag213 tags and the printer is saying the serial number have been used already for the filament....

Did you use the app and let it set a different serial number? You can't reuse a serial  number once it has been in the machine rather it was empty or partial.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

quinns57 wrote:

Hey guys I just got a Da Vinci Mini w+ and ran into the issue with my spool running "empty" because I used third party filaments. I didn't realize this was going to be an issue until both xyzprint and the third party software MiniMover(Cura won't work for some reason) both won't let me print. I read some of the other topics on this forum and saw that you can essentially reset the NFC chip with an android or an Arduino. I only have an iPhone and was wondering if that would work as well, because all of the apps I see on the apps store seem to run differently. I'm really trying not to spend anymore money including on buying an arduino because I'm on a tight budget. Any help would be greatly appriecated.

You can buy an old cheap android phone of ebay for less than $50 bucks. You can also use an old Android Tablet.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.