Topic: Moving from Davinci MiniW to PrusaMini+ or Monoprice MP10 Mini

Hi all,
I am looking to moving from my DavinciMiniW to either a Prusa Mini+ or Monoprice MP10 Mini. That actual printer size is very key for me unfortunately so I can't go for bigger devices. I am edging towards the Prusa for the reputation, but the slight additional print volume (and lower cost) of the MP10 cannot be overlooked. Don't get me wrong, I've had the Davinci MiniW for over 5years now and have not had major issues. In fact my first big clog just happened a few weeks ago (where I had to disassemble the whole extruder assembly and take a Dremel to it). But I am at the point where I need a heated bed and I don't want to spend any more money on Davinci.

If anyone has used either of the machines; can you "upload" the print (via physical USB connection to the PC) into the machine and let print overnight (like you can on the DavinciMini)? I assumed that is normal behavior of almost any printer, but I was reading on both machines and there were mentions of needing either an SD card or USB thumbdrive while printing so I was looking for more clarity.

Any other comments on anyone that has either done the same move or has experience with either of the two printers?

Thanks all.

Re: Moving from Davinci MiniW to PrusaMini+ or Monoprice MP10 Mini

I have the mini+ and you simply copy file(s) to a thumb drive and leave the thumb drive in the printer so no time limit on prints.  I've never connected directly to the Prusa MINI+ but you can (in theory) connect via CAT5 or with a future WIFI card.  From the printer, you simply select what to print and away you go...

On the other subject, I had a DaVinci 1.0 and the Prusa is light years better, most importantly is using Cura or PrusaSlicer (https://www.prusa3d.com/prusaslicer/) and a thumb drive.  I love the Prusa and highly recommend it but I'm not familiar enough with the MP10 to compare.  Good luck in your decision!

3D Printing since January 2015
https://www.thingiverse.com/okcazure/designs
Printer: Prusa MINI+
Previous printer: DaVinci 1.0

3 (edited by Tin Falcon 2021-10-31 21:39:13)

I have two mono price printers and no major issues with either one. Monoprice is a good brand  but it is just a name they do not make anything. they just purchase from others and rebrand. The MP 10 mini is just another Chinese clone. The one review I read mentions this machine need s lots of tuning to get good prints.

Joe lives 3d printers that is his life. his printers are heavily tested in his print farm before release. his mini is designed with minimal parts, to keep the cost down. I have never heard anything bad about them .
and you can download files for all the parts print them and have spares.

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/57 … able-parts

Full discloser I have had no personal experience with either of these.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Thank you both for your candid responses. I am trending towards the Prusa Mini, will do a bit more research on it before pulling the trigger.