Topic: Heads up on Davinci mini w+ ( filament stuck after not using for a whi

Hi there, I know this is only my second post, but I ran into an issue with this bastard machine and since I finally figured out how to fix it I thought I'd share.
Problem:
I have a da vinci mini w+
The thing hasnt been used for half a year, and now I tried printing sth and in the middle of the print the filament would get stuck. Looking around I found how to remove and clean the extruder manually, which did not work. the filament kept getting stuck on load instantly, and the software would behave weirdly(when trying to software load/unload, it would immediately fail, lose connection to the printer and such shenanigans)

Proper solution: Remove the transparent plastic tube that feeds filament to the printer. Do so by pressing down the black ring above the screw and pulling the cable with moderate force. Install Ultimaker Cura - It doesnt print on my printer, but for this purpose its enough.
now setup the printer and then go to monitor -> joggle the extruder to a position where you can comfortably reach the top and bottom
Preheat the extruder to 240 C. Once thats done, clear the bottom part of the extruder with the needle thingie XYZ delivers with the printer. Wait 2-3 Minutes. Manually feed the extruder a piece of filament with moderate to decent force - a "lot" of filament will come out of the nozzle, sometimes in an "explosive" way, so make sure your hands are protected or be warned that 240C filament on your hands isnt fun! Keep cleaning and feeding 2-3 times to make sure the job is done properly.
now power off, reassemble the printer and go print!

Re: Heads up on Davinci mini w+ ( filament stuck after not using for a whi

Thank you for sharing. I picked up that cleaning method from either this forum or the Thingiverse DaVinci group. But I do it using the same "nozzle cleaning" option from the XYZ printer software (i.e. I have not needed to use a separate slicer for that). I want to note that the thicker tool provided to clean the nozzle (from the top) usually serves this purpose very well.