1 (edited by ysb 2013-03-29 10:52:25)

Topic: new 3d scanner on indigogo

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20130328- … click.html
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/photo … er/x/78026

i'm on it... and for one time, it's canadian ;-)

Re: new 3d scanner on indigogo

I like it's fold up case.  I wonder if  the power cord suck into itself or is it something separate to carry.

3 (edited by ysb 2013-03-29 13:29:41)

The unit works from a standard 5v power supply and is connected to the PC via a single USB 2.0 connector. We will supply the unit with the correct power supply for your country.

probably a small power brick like phone charger...

nickythegreek wrote:

I like it's fold up case.  I wonder if  the power cord suck into itself or is it something separate to carry.

"The unit works from a standard 5v power supply and is connected to the PC via a single USB 2.0 connector. We will supply the unit with the correct power supply for your country."

I'm assuming it's external, maybe they'll have somewhere to hide it inside once it's packed up.

MAKERBOT is also coming out with one. I didn't see a price point yet.IMHO , these will make our 3d printers more useful.It's what I was looking for.

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

One of the guys working on this project made a post in the makerbot google group.

"If you have a look and watch you'll see it's a little different than other laser scanners. We have dual laser lines like some other scanners but they're on the same side giving 2 different angles and also a moving z-axis so you can eliminate more shadow areas and capture points twice from multiple angles and do data averaging of the overlapping points to get better scan."

The page says:

Do I have to be an engineer?

No. Anyone can use it. End of story. Unfold it, plug it in, place an object on the scan bed and press go! It’s that simple. Really.

Probably so, but I'm skittish about anything that says that since I got my Solidoodle.

No trees were harmed in the creation of this email, though some electrons were horribly inconvenienced.