Topic: Undelivered Order

Hi,
Perhaps someone here can help me because Filastruder and my card company dont seem to be able to. I ordered the filastruder and winder kits back in January last year to the UK. They never arrived and so I contacted customer support who told me I probably entered the wrong shipping information and it was essentially my problem... I had not however entered the wrong shipping information and although the package said delivered it was not delivered to me or anyone I know. My card company have then since not accepted responsibility either as Stripe was used - I have now raised a dispute with Stripe but I dont hold out much hope of getting my money back.

Any advice from the community, anyone experienced anything similar?

And to those thinking of ordering from filastruder you should know that if anything goes wrong with the delivery you will be left high and dry, the support dont care - they have your money and after that you're on your own.

Re: Undelivered Order

Did you dispute the charge because the store is to blame for the delivery person delivering to the wrong address, or a porch pirate getting the package first?  Or did you raise the dispute because it is the responsibility of the store to take a loss on the order due to theft or the shipper's mistake?

Did you check the address you entered for shipping?

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

4 (edited by williambc111 2021-04-05 10:26:50)

Hi both - thanks for taking the time to respond
I did check the address used for shipping and it was correct.
The reason I raised a dispute is because after contacting the delivery company about the lack of delivery they told me to contact the merchant (filastruder) who also contacted the shipper and decided it was delivered properly (even though it clearly was not) and told me it was not their problem either.

Hi there,

As we explained to you numerous times, the tracking showed as delivered and signed for. Unfortunately we cannot send replacement shipments when that is the case.

If it didn't show as delivered/signed for, certainly would have reshipped.

But it was signed for by someone who does not live at the address, it was not delivered to me. So you're saying because my package was taken by someone else that's it case closed I'm on my own?

When this happens you need to contact the local law enforcement to open a investigation

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

8 (edited by williambc111 2021-04-06 14:33:10)

Actually in the UK Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 it is the responsibilty of the courier to ensure the package is delivered to me - not local law enforcement. I need filastruder to hold them accounatble for me seeing as they interacted with the courier and not me.

Any advice from the community, anyone experienced anything similar?

Yes I have had several packages go temporary go mia.
one from McMaster car was shipped to the wrong address down the street.
once i found out easily retrieved.
Another shipped to the correct address delivered to the wrong street. Tracking number to USPS corrected the issue delivered to my mailbox within a an hour.
Yes honest mistakes happen and there are thieves out there.
So what do you do . follow tracking numbers. Once delivered , if you do not have the package you need to attempt to locate it. If not found soon contact the shipping company. ask to see the signature . Let them compare it to yours. Explain you did not receive the package.   What ever you do do not wait over a year then complain about the vendor on a forum.   If i have a critical package I have it delivered to work. a little more secure than my front porch.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Thanks, I do appreciate why you are saying this but I did do all of these things. I tracked the package and when it said it was delivered and not received by myself I contacted the delivery company, they told me to contact the vendor, because it was shipped overseas they could not handle a claim with myself but had to do it through them, which I did. Filastruder then said that the package had been delivered properly and there was nothing to be done. Then I have contacted my bank as it seemed like my only other option. However they have taken the year of time to ultimately decide that it is also not their problem either. It is not like I waited a year to do something about it I've been told to wait and be patient due to the pandemic or other reasons by all 3 parties and ultimately none have taken responsibility.

Any chance you have security cameras where you could show that it was never delivered at the stated time? 

I've had this happen a few times over the past year with different packages from other companies - one USPS, and one Amazon - for the Amazon one a neighbor brought it over with a note inside that said 'sorry for not noticing this was yours before opening' (and by neighbor I mean somebody about 5 houses down on the same street), and the other time it was USPS and it just showed up in my mailbox retaped a few days after it was marked 'delivered'. 

Clearly whoever got 5 mini DC motors had no idea what to do with it and said 'well, put tape on it and shove it back in the mailbox'.  Maybe that could still happen for you; I mean, 3D printing itself isn't totally mainstream, much less filament extrusion, so what are the odds whoever got it randomly would also be into it as well?