Topic: better instructions

Part of selling a product is customer service. If you are going to sell a kit the directions should assume no previous knowledge. Someone with experience still might be missing a piece of information that would make assembly less frustrating. Many people buy kits to save money and as a medium for learning something new. If you took the time to write a little more detailed instructions, you would not have to answer so many questions and your customers would have a much more enjoyable experience.  I do appreciate that you have been updating your product, and hopefully the instructions, based on imput from the forum.

I do have a little knowledge.

Enough to know for instance that the auger should turn freely inside the pipe and to test that out. It did not move freely by hand, however I did keep working it and eventually it did start moving better. It would be a simple matter to put that into the instructions.

Saying to "install stall protection board using provided hardware" is not sufficient. Niether the pictures nor the instructions indicate where to install it or how to use the standoffs. Fortunately someone posted a pucture with their question that showed the where and my son knew how to use the standoffs from assembling a computer.

We were a little stymied by the female spade connectors having never used them before in wiring. I had to do several searches on thr intrrnet to figure it out. A couple of wiring pictures would have been helpful. Some mention of wire lengths also would have been helpful. We finally ended up placing the switches and pid into the housing/case to estimate wire lengths.

Speaking of the housing, absolutely no mention, that I could find, on how to assemble the housing. I am sure we will figure it out but....

It is kind of annoying to have to search through the forum to find answers to questions that could have easily been avoided with a little more thorough instructions. A little time on your part spent on writing better instructions would save your customers quite a bit of time and frustration. And I know from the forum that it was not just us. Yes we can google the internet to figure out how to do something, but we should not have to. Not everyone has easy access to the internet.

Re: better instructions

Hi there,

I just finished replying to this message that you also sent via email. What I'll say here is that:

- As mentioned on the product page, the Filastruder Kit is aimed at people that have done electromechanical wiring/assembly for. If crimping connectors is stymying, the Filastruder Kit is not right for you. Nor is filament extrusion in general, to be honest.
- Always happy to add to the instructions, and as mentioned via email, I've done so.

Hi sternfamlds,

I have the same opinion as you, I was disappointed with the quality of the documentation. I had a lot of problems in the assembly, as well as with the wiring and its positioning. For a product that has a certain price (Hello to French customs by the way), it is very disappointing. And for my part, the support refuses to answer me now. I must have bored them too much.

Cedvano wrote:

Hi sternfamlds,

I have the same opinion as you, I was disappointed with the quality of the documentation. I had a lot of problems in the assembly, as well as with the wiring and its positioning. For a product that has a certain price (Hello to French customs by the way), it is very disappointing. And for my part, the support refuses to answer me now. I must have bored them too much.

If you have any suggestions on what you'd like added to the instructions, feel free to let me know. Just saying you don't like it isn't going to solve anything.

We do not ignore people who contact us, the only emails of yours that we have not replied to are the ones in which you said you said you had paid your country's customs fee, and the one in which you said received the shipment. You did not ask any questions, what were we supposed to reply about?

trying to find any instructions, ive tried dozens of time and keep getting an error, i can download older versions but my parts don't seem to be lining up plus the pictures leave a bit to be desired. one thing missing are images from different angles but from the descriptions i think i am missing some parts but i don't have instructions that align with my release to know for sure.  the time to assemble shouldn't be 2 hr 50 minute of figuring out what you were thinking and 10 min of actual assemble.  in stead of sending the pdf as requested i just get the same link sent to me that doesnt work.  i finally sent a video of me clicking the link.  would have been nice if you could send the pdf or just simply post it on your website.  extrusion isnt brain surgery

elmoret wrote:

If you have any suggestions on what you'd like added to the instructions, feel free to let me know. Just saying you don't like it isn't going to solve anything.

We do not ignore people who contact us, the only emails of yours that we have not replied to are the ones in which you said you said you had paid your country's customs fee, and the one in which you said received the shipment. You did not ask any questions, what were we supposed to reply about?

I love my Filastruder, I never regret this product and friends will surely order one. It's just the documentation which is a bit light.
You did not receive my email with the power supply problem (which I solved) and my question on the maximum diameter of the pellet?

madscientist337 wrote:

trying to find any instructions, ive tried dozens of time and keep getting an error, i can download older versions but my parts don't seem to be lining up plus the pictures leave a bit to be desired. one thing missing are images from different angles but from the descriptions i think i am missing some parts but i don't have instructions that align with my release to know for sure.  the time to assemble shouldn't be 2 hr 50 minute of figuring out what you were thinking and 10 min of actual assemble.  in stead of sending the pdf as requested i just get the same link sent to me that doesnt work.  i finally sent a video of me clicking the link.  would have been nice if you could send the pdf or just simply post it on your website.  extrusion isnt brain surgery

I've tested the link, it works, I've also sent you the PDF directly via email.

Cedvano wrote:

You did not receive my email with the power supply problem (which I solved) and my question on the maximum diameter of the pellet?

No, no such email received. Received:

Hi,

I have the package, again my apologies for the trouble.

Thanks

and

Hi,

I was able to arrange for Fedex to come back, as the person in charge of reception did not have the money, I will be returned to him for tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I'm sure I would enjoy using my filastruder.

Sincerly,

I Love my Filastruder too!
With my upgrades it runs like a champ.

I am putting mine together but do not foresee any issues, this is my jam.

It would be nice to get an exploded parts diagram, tho.