1 (edited by travis9791 2021-03-06 21:40:07)

Topic: want to buy x axis wire for davinci duo

I am looking to buy a replacement x axis motor wire that goes from the circuit board to the motor on my davinci duo. I have seen the videos on how to solder in a new wire. However i think that may be above my skill level. Also i am concerned that the problem is where the wire connects to the connector itself. So i'm not sure reusing connector and splicing in wire will solve my problem. Also i was wondering if anyone knows what connectors are used at the circuit board and motor. I'm thinking if i knew what the connectors were i might be able to find the same wire that is used on a different machine. XYZ customer support has been useless and i havent had any luck finding replacement part elsewhere.

Re: want to buy x axis wire for davinci duo

They are not available for purchase. that is the biggest problem with XYZ. You will need to buy the pins, housing, crimping tool and wire then make your own.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Thanks for the reply carl. I was thinking most likely that was going to be the answer. However i was hoping it wasn't. I was hoping that with as common as a problem as this was maybe someone was making and selling them seeing as how xyz is not. I haven' t even been able to figure out what the connectors are at each end of the cable. I would need this info to even attempt to make my own cable.

4 (edited by mcgivervii 2021-09-12 16:19:19)

You can buy a standard set of wires on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QH … &psc=1
These are $7.99 for a set of 4 1.5m 4-pin to 6-pin cables.
you can change the order of the wires to match the xyz cables pretty easily.