Topic: xyz davinci jr 1.0, led lights not turning on with cura

I am a relative newbie, hoping to get an answer on my lights now not turning on since turning to Cura for my new software.

Guessing its either a setting or a simple addition to the start and end gcode?

Thanks in advance for the help! i have tried the M42 S255 command, but so far to no avail. Maybe its in my placement within the start gcode......

Start gcode

G28 ;Home
G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm
;Prime the extruder
G92 E0
G1 F200 E3
G92 E0
M42 S255

end gcode

M104 S0
M140 S0
;Retract the filament
G92 E1
G1 E-1 F300
G28 X0 Y0
M42 S0
;Move gantry and print bed to allow access to completed print
G1 Z100 F1200; Move gantry up 100mm
G1 Y8 F1200; Move print bed out 80mm
M84

Re: xyz davinci jr 1.0, led lights not turning on with cura

I'm having the exact same issue, cura seems to take over the device console buttons and renders them inactive, not sure if we need the gcode to enable the LED or gcode to unlock the printer buttons...

ok, here is the thing...
If you are sure that it is Cura that is causing the issue, you need to reach out to the Cura developers and let them know. That is something that they need to address.

to be sure.. try using a different program for slicing.. do you have the same issue? If no, then it is Cura and should be dealt with by Cura

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Open a gcode file that was sliced with XYZware in a text editor and see what the start gcode looks like for it. If it is controlled by gcode then the command will be there. You can then just add that command to the Cura gcode.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Open a gcode file that was sliced with XYZware in a text editor and see what the start gcode looks like for it. If it is controlled by gcode then the command will be there. You can then just add that command to the Cura gcode.

we actually have a physical home button and when pressed the LED comes on, issue is as soon as Cura is launched all the printer reads on the display is Printing from USB... and buttons do nothing, soon as we close Cura, buttons are usable again..

Sonicboom wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

we actually have a physical home button and when pressed the LED comes on, issue is as soon as Cura is launched all the printer reads on the display is Printing from USB... and buttons do nothing, soon as we close Cura, buttons are usable again..

But it works ok when printing over USB using xyz's software?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I have the same problem. Did you find any solution?