Topic: Stall control board

Is there a way to bypass stall control board or a better board to replace it? I can not get to 12vdc, stops at 11.4 and amps not going over 1.2. I can't even run the abs that came with the kit without it constantly shutting down which causes it to lose temp. Tried uping the temp but it makes no real difference and some of the chunks of abs are way over 5mm, even sifting the bigger pieces out doesn't seem to help. I bought this thinking it would be a good deal for experimenting with different plastics and recycling them now I'm wondering if I've wasted my time and money. Any suggestions?

Re: Stall control board

Sounds like the board is bad, or the pots are bad, if you can't keep turning them up to get the levels you need.
You can get a new converter off amazon for cheap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J9 … &psc=1

Definitely do not bypass the converter, though. If you give it too many amps, you'll tear up the plastic gears in the motor, which I've done twice while experimenting.

Best upgrade I did for my set up was a higher amp/volt power supply. I still limit it to 12v and 3A, but by providing 18v and 10A to the system, the heater turning on doesn't slow down the motor any more. Plus, 18v to the heater helps it heat up faster and reach higher temps, even with fans blowing at it.

wahoo wrote:

Is there a way to bypass stall control board or a better board to replace it? I can not get to 12vdc, stops at 11.4

That's not too concerning, though it does seem a little low. You're going to have voltage drops in the wiring, switches, and stall protection board.

wahoo wrote:

and amps not going over 1.2.

Under what conditions? With the heater attached to the stall protection board as during testing?

wahoo wrote:

I can't even run the abs that came with the kit without it constantly shutting down which causes it to lose temp.

Without what shutting down? When the stall protection board limits power to the motor, it does not limit power to the heater...

The entre machine shuts down, lights go off and it just sits until it comes back to life. And as it starts and stops temp steadily drops.The amps not going above 1.2 and voltage at 11.4 vdc was at set up. It doesn't matter what I am doing with it the two setting can not be adjusted upwards and it simply will not run the abs. Instructions said 180° C but reading other things 220°C + seems more realistic but even at the higher temperature it would not run. It was better but after looking through the bag better I found some huge chunks and am guessing that is why it would stall while trying to run it. I threw the abs away. I found and ordered a new stall board to see if that will help as my machine is pretty much useless as it is right now.

No, 220C is too hot for ABS. Where did you read that as appropriate?

If the entire machine shuts down, the problem is not the stall protection board.

Again, what were the measurements with the heater attached to the stall protection board during assembly?