Topic: Extrusion solution needed

Hey there. I'm sure some of you with more experience have come across this problem before and have words of wisdom for me.
   I'm printing on a CR10 with PLA. Filament will not feed through the bowden tube into the extruder. Something is causing instant blockage each time I unclog and restart. I have tried a new nozzle, cutting a fresh end onto the bowden tube since it showed signs of wear, and disassembly/cleaning of hot end and feeder/rollers.
   Sometimes, if I apply a bit of pressure to the filament as it feeds in, it will begin to print for a brief few minutes, but it stops each time. If I use manual controls via the control knob, I can get the filament to reverse normally, so I know the roller is able to grab and push material. Could the only option be a snag of some sort where the tube enters the hot end and meets the nozzle? Any advise is appreciated.

-Deej

Re: Extrusion solution needed

HMMMMM   first of all what are you using to cut the tube. The proper tool is a tubing cutter for that purpose.
secondly there could be a slight gap between  the tube and the heater block. and the fitting are often cheap and do not hold the tube in place.
If you have the funds available buy some Capricorn tube a cutter if you do not have one and a pair of proper fittings.

at the very least get new fittings a a install a short piece of cap tube in the hot end.

Hope this info helps.

check out this video . This seems to be a common problem with creality machines.

Tin Falcon

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

This is all very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to help out.

there are actually three more video's on the CHEP you tube channels like i said a common  issue with several variations on the " Best" solution
No worries glad to help.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura