Topic: Long time user...first time user?

It has been a LOOOONG time since I've been on!
My main PC died which had all login info saved. It was very convenient at the time, but now, not so much.
I don't remember my password, nor which email I set my original account up with. Is there any way to recover my AZERATE account?

Sidebar to those who know me, I'm practically restarting FDM printing from scratch since the death of my PC tower. While I kept Slic3r profiles saved on an external hard drive, I cannot download the old Repetier Host version I loved (v0.95?) and it has been a frustrating labor just to prepare for a print. So as a word of advice, save whatever slicer profiles you prefer the moment you've perfected them, and save them. Doing this saved me countless hours of dialing in. I also USED to have access to S3D, but not anymore.... wink

Re: Long time user...first time user?

Check PM

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

I feel your pain. In the same week, I accidentally deleted my home folder and had the drive I was restoring all my files to die on me. I have two sources to pick through to get my stuff back and will probably have 95% of it back after considerable effort.

On the bright side, I already have the CAD work I've most recently done and my various versions of slicers and their profiles.

What caused yours to die? Maybe you can recover some of it?

justsomeguy wrote:

What caused yours to die? Maybe you can recover some of it?

To be honest I think something with the video output or the board itself. I would turn it on, everything powers up and lights turn on, but connecting to multiple screens with different HDMI did nothing. So I'm running on a cheap Mini PC. Unfortunately I'm not home enough to diagnose and repair my tower hmm

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Depending on your skill level, you could pull the hard drive from the old machine and connect to the new one or put in a USB drive enclosure and hook it up to the new one. I'm pretty sure Repetier intalls all to one folder so you might be able to just copy that over and run it. Or maybe you still have the installer on that drive.

Good luck and Happy Holidays.

most likely just needs a graphics card and off ya go.. a cheap one can be had for under $50, would at least allow you to back up your stuff.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Sound advice from Heartless, especially if you want to keep using that computer. If a new video card gets you back up, it's basically repaired.

If you're trashing it anyway, my way might be cheaper and you have a drive you can use to backup your new computer.

8 (edited by heartless 2020-12-23 01:48:17)

oh, and just because.. try changing the CMOS battery... I had one get weird on me a while back because the battery was pretty much dead

just a simple flat coin battery.. most are a 2032 size battery readily available at most box stores, drug stores, etc

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Oh yeah I'm fairly certain it's just graphics, especially because I had to do a few forced upgrades for graphics. But the tower has gotten pretty outdated. I'm probably gonna do this:
Ship the tower to a buddy of mine that does IT and obsesses over computers, have him cannibalize what he can and essentially build a pro-gaming computer....basically have it over qualified for most applications I run.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

LMAO.      I guess I had the same V2 idea as well.     What was the solution to this?  I keep getting some kind of security certificate error.

Overkill is Underrated

Solidoodle 3 with Mods and custom enclosure
CR10S5 stock BIG BOY