Topic: Upgrading Firmware

Hi Guys,
Has anyone upgraded the firmware on a JNR 1.0W yet to see if you can still use paper tags with it.
really want to upgrade to be able to use repetier but i would need to still use paper tags.

I have looked through and a few have asked the same question but with no reply as yet, hope someone can confirm they have done it
cheers

2 (edited by carl_m1968 2020-11-14 18:59:07)

Re: Upgrading Firmware

Repetier is open source firmware and does not need nor does it check for tags. That is why people use it so they can use third party filament.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

for the reply, i know its open source etc just wanted to confirm it actually works i guess.

anyways trying to upgrade the jr 1.0w firmware but cant as i keep geeting an error message via xyzmaker suite of unknown network error so it wont install xyzprint and wont connect to the printer to be able to upgrade it.
anyone any idea how to sort this

http://soliforum.com/i/?tw5FbXn.jpg

That error message is caused by XYZmaker trying to connect to the internet and not able to. It has nothing to do with the printer. It's asking you to check your internet connection. The printer has no need for the internet as it is all done through the app over wifi or USB.

Good at stating the obvious without actually offering help aint you.....

as i said the program refuses to open because of this error, which there is nothing wrong with my internet as im on here fine with the same PC.
due to it refusing to open i cannot install xyzprint.
due to not being able to install xyzprint i am unable to connect to the printer to upgrade the firmware via usb OR wifi.

Sounds like you need to ditch the davinci and buy a real printer

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

keen wrote:

Good at stating the obvious without actually offering help aint you.....

as i said the program refuses to open because of this error, which there is nothing wrong with my internet as im on here fine with the same PC.
due to it refusing to open i cannot install xyzprint.
due to not being able to install xyzprint i am unable to connect to the printer to upgrade the firmware via usb OR wifi.

You don't need to be a jerk, it is you who bought the XYZ garbage after all without doing your homework obviously. If it was given to you then someone really does not like you. Have you considered that your soft or hard firewall might be blocking that specific app which is why it is giving that error. There is much more going on behind the scenes of your internet then just a connection from your PC to your router and then to your ISP. While some apps are not blocked, others might be. But hey what do I know? It just seemed by your statements that you thought the printer was at fault in regards to the error.