Topic: Correct replacement parts- trying to get this built and going

hi all, okay so thank you first off.
in building my atlas, that ive had sitting in box for prob 3 years.. the laser broke (wires came out...), and the camera cable was too short, so i ordered one online, and now im not sure its the right one as the camera just had a black screen with red x across it?
so, if possible, may i have:
a. the exact specs for replacement lasers for the atlas scanner
b. a replacement 9proper one) cable for the camera, possibly longer than the one that came with the atlas from murobo (as it was too short, i have the acrylic frame version)

thanks,
m
i went to the calibration video, and immediately saw that im supposed to see the camera live view when i click camera, so i know something is up, i assume the cable i bought as longer replacement...)
also, when i click toggle laser, the one lights up, the new replacement i bought doesnt light.unlight)
thanks
mm

Re: Correct replacement parts- trying to get this built and going

Excuse me if you have already diagnosed this issue from several months ago...

For the camera, I would double check the orientation and that the FPC (15 pin type) is firmly inserted.  Also, ensure that the camera is actually enabled in the firmware if you haven't already.  Regarding the laser that doesn't appear to be working, do you mean that it turn on? or doesn't turn off?  Did you check the polarity of the laser?

Re: Correct replacement parts- trying to get this built and going

The camera is off in the later versions of pi by default. Enable it by running raspi-config and selecting Interfacing Options (I think).
It should turn on after that.