Topic: Veracity PETG Problems

I really wanted this filament to work but I am running in to problems with layer adhesion. Right now my current setup is an Anycubic Chiron with a few upgrades to the stepper motor drivers but nothing earth shattering.

I bought some Veracity PETG and have been trying to make threaded parts. Layers are not all sticking to each other and I have tried slowing it down and running at about 260 degrees. It seems that it is outer edges that are really affected.

I am using the latest Cura as a slicer.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Veracity PETG Problems

what kind of layer height?
are you running a layer fan? (too much cooling, perhaps?)

While I have not used the Veracity PETg, I have a hard time believing the filament is the source of the issue. Both the ABS and PLA from this line are excellent products.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

I was running 0 fan and .2 layer height.

For this, that may be the wrong way of thinking. This is just the most difficult to set so far but I have no doubt that it is my settings. Threads are tricky to print and I am probably thinking it is one problem when in reality it is another. Initially I said layer adhesion but looking closer this is more like a sagging problem.

So to counter sagging, I am trying 240 degrees and cooling fan 75%

Everything I have been reading leads me to believe it has too much "hot" time and the open layer just droops out.

Any thoughts or suggestions I am open to.

Thank you and God Bless

you can try printing multiple parts

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

and this is where a picture or two could be very useful..

hard to make useful suggestions when we cant really see what the real issue is.

if it is too much heat, then yes, more than one part can be a useful tool to allow enough layer cooling before the next layer goes down..
layer fans are useful when used correctly...

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater

Sorry don't use my camera much so if the pic quality is bad, my apologies.

I ran with the changes and I think I see an improvement. Turning off the fan with this filament was not a good choice from my findings so far.

This is before http://soliforum.com/i/?8egUk4o.jpg

This is after http://soliforum.com/i/?y3oKimT.jpg

I think I am on the right path now. The threads are looking much smoother. Any other settings you can think of that will improve them I will try.

Thank you again and God Bless

yeah, the after looks MUCH better..  get temp dialed in and you should be good.

only other thing i can suggest is to do more than one piece to help with the layer cooling