Topic: Mini W+ (compatible extruders)

What other xyz machines use the same extruder setup and has anyone every successfully installed an extruder from another xyz machine that it didn’t originally behind in?

Re: Mini W+ (compatible extruders)

ebp921x wrote:

What other xyz machines use the same extruder setup and has anyone every successfully installed an extruder from another xyz machine that it didn’t originally behind in?

The extruder modules for the newer machines all have a chip in them that is programmed for specific machines. That chip and the mainboard of the printer talk to each other. If the mainboard sees an chip that is not designed for it that chip will be rejected and locked out.

In other words you have to buy an extruder specific to this machine. Your other option is to gut it and install a controller of your choice which would then fully liberate it but you would be required to make more adjustments to accomplish good prints.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Yeah unfortunately all I really need is the damn chip. I expected to see tons of these sold as parts or parted out on eBay but no such luck.

ebp921x wrote:

Yeah unfortunately all I really need is the damn chip. I expected to see tons of these sold as parts or parted out on eBay but no such luck.

Your printer is actually very rare and not so sure it was sold on a global market. I think it might have been limited to certain regions.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

The joys of a proprietary machine from a company with a reputation for terrible to no tech support.
At least they will sell a new extruder for $100.It is common these days for companies to sell only assemblies not individual parts.

It is this reason I am a fan of open source printers.

It is also the reason when someone shows up here all excited they purchased a Davinci printer I am so tempted to respond with "Sorry to hear that."

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

6 (edited by ebp921x 2020-08-16 11:45:52)

Tin Falcon wrote:

The joys of a proprietary machine from a company with a reputation for terrible to no tech support.

Their support is absolutely horrendous. 3 days every time I ask a question in a forum type setting.

Well My mother got it for me as a Xmas gift she only paid 70$ for it then I bought the open filament chip. So if I buy an extruder or a machine off eBay and have a parts machine for 100$ then it’d be like if I bought one new. ENDER3 on its way now. But I still want this machine running.

the CHEP you tube channel has excellent support tutorial for the ender. IIRC  he has older videos on the davinci.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

the CHEP you tube channel has excellent support tutorial for the ender. IIRC  he has older videos on the davinci.

Videos on the davinci in reference to something could help me with my issue?