1 (edited by ebp921x 2020-08-11 23:24:20)

Topic: Mini w+ Heat extruder logic board

My extruder got clogged and in the process of tearing it down let’s just say the kids were distracting and the female plug on the logic board to the heat cord was ripped off the board. Its not solderable and I need to replace the logic board. I’ve sent email to xyz about possible replacement but they are awful slow at responding and I fear it’s gonna be fairly expensive. Now I know all kinds of tear downs and turning it into something else with RAMPS but the simplicity of the machine is fantastic for the kids I’m planing on getting an ender 3 to move forward with the hobby but I have the open filament chip and for what it does it does fairly well. What’s the chances anyone knows how much this may cost or has done a RAMPS conversion that has the original logic board They would be willing to sell?

http://soliforum.com/i/?BxYToeq.jpg

Apologize for the lack of grammar possible mis spelling typing from phone.

Re: Mini w+ Heat extruder logic board

That's a tough one. You might want to consider getting a replacement extruder with a hardened steel nozzle, costs 10 bucks more than the standard one, but you can print abrasive materials like metallic, carbon fiber, glow in the dark, wood filaments etc.

Yeah, I would love to to. But with shipping the regular extruder cost 100$ with shipping. I’d mad as we’ll purchase another used machine to have extra parts around.

ebp921x wrote:

Yeah, I would love to to. But with shipping the regular extruder cost 100$ with shipping. I’d mad as we’ll purchase another used machine to have extra parts around.

You might want to contact a PCB manufacturer. There are some that do one offs at reasonable prices. They could probably reverse engineer one from the original at another modest price. You just have to ask yourself how much is it worth to you.Not being able to see what is on the other side you might also be able to by pass the board and hard wire with your own connectors

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.