1 (edited by tekstyle 2020-07-14 01:06:43)

Topic: stall protection board pot resistance

does anyone know the resistance of the 2 pots? i have mine all dialed in and i don't want to turn it all the way to the limit just to figure out the resistance and re calibrate it. if anyone has one uninstalled, any way you guys can test it on a multimeter? planning on ordering some replacement pot with a knob so i can adjust the speed when mounted vertically too high up to reach the board.

Re: stall protection board pot resistance

I have a previous version of the filastruder that didn't have the stall protection board, but you should not have to change the settings once you have it dialed in at all.  Those pots are multi-turn pots and have a very precise adjustment range. The purpose of the stall protection board is to stop the motor from turning if it is loaded too much.  I wished I had one when I first started as I twisted my barrel when I didn't have it heated up enough on startup.

-os3dp

oh interesting, then how do u control the filament thickness? i dont really care how long it takes to make filament as long as i get consistent diameter

I control thickness by moving the filastruder and winder closer and further apart as well as change how far down the loop goes.

-os3dp

Temperature help as well, not to mention how efficient your cooling is, and how large the nozzle is.
I designed knobs for the OEM stall board pots, to go along with my electronics box. I wouldn't leave them on, though, given how fragile the pots feel.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4599566