Topic: da Vinci mini W: Distance Nozzle to Print Bed?

Hello

I disassembled my Extruder Unit of the "da Vinci mini w" to clean everything and fit it with a new " Feeding Tube Grip X1"
Because I unscrew the Heat Sink & Filament Guide it is off-course necessary to calibrate the 3D Printer again!

What will be the distance from the Nozzle to the Print Bed after this calibration? I probably need to adjust the Z-axes manually! Which tool is the best? (Or as the done with Resin Printers, one sheet of 80gramm A4 Paper?!?) or more sheets of paper? I don't have a "feeler gauge"

Regards
Gérard

Re: da Vinci mini W: Distance Nozzle to Print Bed?

Fold a piece of printer paper in half and use that as you r starting point

THX.

To be more concrete; a folded copy paper is about 2*80 µm is 160 µm, so this will be rounded about 0.15mm ;-)

I use feeler gauges and set my gap for half of my desired print height for ABS and PLA. For PETG I set it to 2/3 of my mt desired print height.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

What is 2/3 with an European feeler gauge? Pls. be aware that in the USA and Europe, thickness is different. In Europe & Asia they work with the metric system, in the UK & USA they probably work with Middle Ages imperial system ;-)

GerardDirks wrote:

What is 2/3 with an European feeler gauge? Pls. be aware that in the USA and Europe, thickness is different. In Europe & Asia they work with the metric system, in the UK & USA they probably work with Middle Ages imperial system ;-)

Really? You can't take any value in any measurement system in the word and divide it by three then use the sum of two of those values? 2/3 is a fractional value regardless of what system or value you use. For a .20 layer height you would use .13mm or so. I round to .15. For a .3mm layer you would use .2mm. I was not aware that fractional math was such an obscure art in the world now.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

7 (edited by GerardDirks 2020-07-05 09:29:31)

carl_m1968

OK, now I understand your "2/3". This should not be a fix value but is related on the layer height.
So for PLA I should use the "1/2" of the layer height.

I will test it as soon as I get my self made "paperchips" to work :-( At all NFC-Paperchips which I prepared results in NFC which produce a PLA reel with no information in the Dashboard of my "da Vinci" printer.

http://soliforum.com/i/?g0xKf4c.png
http://soliforum.com/i/?SbVU828.png

Something wrong with the athentification ?!?
http://soliforum.com/i/?oasXBZR.png