1 (edited by rich5675 2020-06-24 08:09:41)

Topic: The Best Mod ever for any XYZ Printer

I have had the Da'vinci 2.0 for 5 or 6 years. When I first got it worked almost flawlessly.  However, I never felt the quality was what I expected and the limitations and difficulty of ABS became problematic.  I stopped using it until recently.  When I went to use it again the printer did not move on the Y axis.  I sent a request for support to xyz priming on 4/24/2020, which as of yet they have not responded.   With the help of a friend I fixed the initial problem. Then uploaded the Repetier software, which was an improvement.  Then I ran into problems with the extruder 2 not feeding. Which after trying solutions online I could not fix it.  Then while cleaning the hot end I broke one of the wires connecting to the extruder 1. 

The replacement hot- end was around 170.00 which would not fix the problem with extruder 2.   Finally I came up with the following "mod".  Which I am now happy to say I am getting the best prints I have ever got.

If some is interested in how I modded the case I will be glad to in another post.

http://soliforum.com/i/?Z6VkORy.jpg

Post's attachments

20200619_202519.jpg 2.95 mb, 1 downloads since 2020-06-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: The Best Mod ever for any XYZ Printer

What did you break on the extruder. I need to replace the extruder board and I’m having a hell of a time trying to find a replacement. Xyz support is horrible they wont just sell me the board I have to buy the whole extruder module. 100$ after shipping the printer is 210$ brand new. This is the mini w+ but I believe the minimaker,jr and few other models use the exact same extruder board and entire module. Any advice?

Gotta love this . break the extruder of a davinci replace it with an entire ender 3.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Thats exactly what I’m doing untill I can find a reasonable price parts machine or part. Then I’ll have two printers.

3 d printers are kind of like potato chips, You can not have just one!

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Can you post the mod for changing the case.

This mod is the Best Mod ever for the XYZ Printer. For those with the Original XYZ Printer, the only upgrade was just to add a second fan, not much better than the original design. This mod is extremely informative and though it's missing some information, such as a blog link or a source of further information, it explains in detail what we have done and how we did it. Though this is just an idea and has yet to be attempted. I was able to find a few cheapest sublimation printer blog posts on people trying to cool their XYZ Printers with water cooling and creating Dremel tools but nothing so full out as we do here. Hopefully one day this printer will reach other countries like Japan or Australia where we can make enough profit off this mod to put it up for distributors around the world.