Topic: Diameter, Length and Temperatures for Drill Bit

Hello!  I will build a filament extruder for PET plastic only and I will use a wood drill as a screw.  I am in doubt about the relationship between the diameter and length of the thread (L/D).  I am thinking of using a drill bit 18mm in diameter by 360mm in length (L/D = 20).  Is this an appropriate measure?  What about temperatures in the compression and melting zones? 

Sincerely Yours

Re: Diameter, Length and Temperatures for Drill Bit

Look up available open source designs.
And why are you attempting to engineer your own when there are affordable kit options such as the filasruder

that said look here for some design guidance

https://wiki.opensourceecology.org/wiki … t_Extruder

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Re: Diameter, Length and Temperatures for Drill Bit

dr2020 wrote:

Hello!  I will build a filament extruder for PET plastic only and I will use a wood drill as a screw.  I am in doubt about the relationship between the diameter and length of the thread (L/D).  I am thinking of using a drill bit 18mm in diameter by 360mm in length (L/D = 20).  Is this an appropriate measure?  What about temperatures in the compression and melting zones? 

Sincerely Yours

Que tipo de broca utilizaras? Marca y costo.

Yo pienso utilizar una broca modelo DEWALT DW1687 1-Inch by 17-Inch, pero quisiera ver otras recomendaciones