Topic: another diy extruder abs production line

enjoyed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFFD7GBmIo

Re: another diy extruder abs production line

That filament path is intense.  Made me think of The Incredible Machine game.  Is that just give it extra time to cool off?

Genstat1:
I think what you are referring to is / are the accumulators there are actual two lines in the video the one running in the foreground and a second in the background . The foreground one has a vertical accumulator and the second a horizontal one.
I have had the good fortune to observe several extruder lines. over the last couple years.
The accumulator takes up filament while the spool is being changed. that way the line can keep running.  I expect the extra time does help cooling.
So many variations depending on purpose an speed of the line.
There are many ways to set up an extruder line. typically the extruder, hot water bath. cold water bath  air dryer /blow off , laser quality check .accumulator ,spooler. And of course with home setups air is often the only coolant  and many of these step are omitted.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

In a way it makes me want to do it just to...be able to do it. (Realistically since I'm the only one using the filament I make I can't quite justify a full line setup).

Personally I can not even justify a Filasruddor /winder . I can get good made in USA filament for $20 a roll.
So many hobbies so little time.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

Personally I can not even justify a Filasruddor /winder . I can get good made in USA filament for $20 a roll.
So many hobbies so little time.

I can see how price wise PLA doesn't make a ton of sense if you are solely trying to save money.  How it went from $3-4 a pound in small quantities to $7-8 but yet spools stayed at $15-20 I don't know.  It still can make sense for PETG though with raw plastic being $4 a pound, yet spools of it costing $25-30.