Topic: DLP Bigger printer

Hi I have some idea on mind

Just asking from my unexpirience
Im  just thinking to build a DLP diy printer,but as we know 4k native resolution projectors are not easy afordable

I could do it with a normal projector but im interested in have big print area.

If i would like to go big.I just have one problem,thats the resolution if i go big i can't maintain the 0,1 xy resolution.

So with this problem in mind i'm just thinking why not 2 projectors,as far we know we can work as extended screen

This solution has two potential problems
-The perfect merging of the projectors (mechanical)
-The lamp power never its the same,so i don't know how it will solidyfy the layers if it will be a problem a more powerfull one

any experiencie will be agree

Why there aren't no info about dlp printers they can be more afordable than fdm printer

Thanks! 12oger

Re: DLP Bigger printer

12ogerRoman wrote:

Hi I have some idea on mind

Just asking from my unexpirience
Im  just thinking to build a DLP diy printer,but as we know 4k native resolution projectors are not easy afordable

I could do it with a normal projector but im interested in have big print area.

If i would like to go big.I just have one problem,thats the resolution if i go big i can't maintain the 0,1 xy resolution.

So with this problem in mind i'm just thinking why not 2 projectors,as far we know we can work as extended screen

This solution has two potential problems
-The perfect merging of the projectors (mechanical)
-The lamp power never its the same,so i don't know how it will solidyfy the layers if it will be a problem a more powerfull one

any experiencie will be agree

Why there aren't no info about dlp printers they can be more afordable than fdm printer

Thanks! 12oger

Why not do a large format DUV system with a UV array and a large 4k or 2k LCD panel?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

You are right a 3 projectors hd screen array is nearly the same as a 4k screen but on the 3 projectors array in a future can be changed for a 4k projector to have more resolution or size.

if we go for a 3 4k projectors its totaly better but on a hd projector is nearly the same.

Thanks

12ogerRoman wrote:

You are right a 3 projectors hd screen array is nearly the same as a 4k screen but on the 3 projectors array in a future can be changed for a 4k projector to have more resolution or size.

if we go for a 3 4k projectors its totaly better but on a hd projector is nearly the same.

Thanks

I did not say anything about projectors. Machines like the Duplicator 7, the Phrozen, the photon and so on use An LCD as the mask  and shine UV light through the mask in to the resin. So it would be much easier to use an LCD in a larger format then a projector and you could get even larger. With a projector your limit will be the focal length and distance from the lens to the vat. Even with folding optics it will bee too long at larger sizes. With an LCD you simply need to supply enough UV light from behind to light it and the UV vat uniformly.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.