Topic: Nozzle drives through the fresh printed Filament

Hallo

I have a Problem with the Calibration Function of the "da Vinci mini w"

After a calibrations it gives a value, in my case 2.34mm. When I do nothing the nozzle will drive through the fresh printed filament. To correct this I need to make a manuell correction of the Z of at least 0,1mm!

Is this a Bug or need the 3D printer be adjusted generally? In my opinion the calibration isn't working as it should be ?!?

Any hints?

Re: Nozzle drives through the fresh printed Filament

Auto gets you in the ballpark. Then you have to fine tune. Auto does not account for layer height or any other settings you may use.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: Nozzle drives through the fresh printed Filament

Is their a good instruction to calibrate the "da Vinci mini w" followed by the perfect correction of the Z-Axis, so that the height between the Nozzle and the PrintBed? I read a business card should fit between bed & nozzle ?!? but that 0.25mm ist the starting level. What should it be really for the best results?

When the calibration is done and it give a value of Z=2.38, what should this be define? The distance between what?!?

What is a the thickness of a typical business card? Everything between 0.03 & 0.09mm when I look to the following site
https://www.brandly.com/blog/choosing-t … ess-cards/
For me it is not understandable that someone talks about this subjective values and don't us the exact values ?!?

- Printing with the nozzle too close to the BuildTak sheet and/or “smooshing" the first layer of your print (like you would with blue tape or kapton) may result in builds adhering too well making it very difficult to remove and/or can damage the sheet.
- To find the sweet spot, it is always better to start with the nozzle height higher than what you might be used to with other solutions.
- We recommend starting at a safe nozzle height of about .25mm (or the thickness of a typical business card) and run a test print, paying close attention to the first layer.
- You will know the nozzle is too high if the extruded filament doesn’t adhere firmly to the BuildTak sheet. In this case, simply reduce the nozzle height incrementally, test printing each adjustment until you get the desired adhesion. Proper first layer should adhere firmly appearing flat but not "smooshed".