1 (edited by IndustrialStrengthGecko 2020-05-15 23:30:04)

Topic: Mini W+ Stock NFC Chip Question

Hi everyone - I've lurked around here for a while, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me figure something out.

I've got a Mini W+, had it for a couple years.  Firmware is 1.0.4.  XYZPrint is 2.0.1.

Before I ever set it up, I read about the proprietary filament and learned how to use an NFC reader to edit the NTAG.  The first thing I did before even setting up the printer was get a password from nfckey.xyz, unlock the tag, and set the filament to 200 m.

Since then, I've run out of the original filament and respooled it with some 3rd party PLA.  When I did that, I used the RFID NFC Tool and my phone to reset the spool length to a higher value.  All good, no issues.

But now I've got a problem.  My filament length is getting low again (50 meters).  I used the RFID NFC Tool with my phone and reset the spool length (200 m).  Tried to print, got a spool error.  I set it back to a lower value (45 meters).  It prints fine.  I tried setting it to a higher value again (95 meters this time), same thing - got a spool error.  Set it back to a lower value (40 meters) and it prints OK.

Anyone know if it's possible to set this thing back to 200 meters?  I know that I did this when I respooled it the first time, not sure why it's giving me trouble now.

Hosts file has the following:

127.0.0.1    service.xyzprinting.com
127.0.0.1    xyzlog.xyzprinting.com
127.0.0.1    test-vm-02.eastasia.cloudapp.azure.com
127.0.0.1    xyzportal-plog.cloudapp.net
127.0.0.1    eu.xyzprinting.com
127.0.0.1    xyzprod.blob.core.windows.net
127.0.0.1    gallery.xyzprinting.com
127.0.0.1    xyzprinting.com
127.0.0.1    us.xyzprinting.com
127.0.0.1    support.xyzprinting.com
127.0.0.1    xyzportal.cloudapp.net
127.0.0.1    www.xyzprinting.com
127.0.0.1    xyz.com

I know I can get paper tags, but I'm specifically hoping to keep using this tag.

I promise, I've searched extensively.  Probably put 6 - 8 hours into reading forum posts this week.  Any help would be appreciated.