Topic: Davinci 3d printer aio flash repetier host with out lcd panel

Davinci 3d printer aio flash repetier host with out lcd panel

I have killed my much loved Davinci 3d printer Aio by printing masks for the nhs

The lcd panel stopped working -- so I bridge r57 and added an inclined fuse - the 5v line burst into life

The panel would light for a minute or two, long enough for me to check that the poor thing still could print

Someone on this forum suggested in another  old post that the LCD was prone to failure and should be replaced.  So a got a winstar1604 lcd and did the worst replacement job ever. The old solder wasnt solder it was adamantium

Anyway the lcd board is a right-off

But the printer works.  Doing the research, I read that flashing the  aio with repetier host is feasable.

But how do I save the new firmware to eeprom without an  lcd/key panel, the example videos all show the final stage as using the lcd panel to safe with yes | no options

Also if it works can I unload, load and calibrate from the PC?

Or should it all go in the bin

Re: Davinci 3d printer aio flash repetier host with out lcd panel

Sorry about duplicate posts

Fat Boke -> Fat Fingers

That’s why there’s a “delete topic” button.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

do not know the davinci. I do know Open sourced boards have been flashed and updated for years with no lcd screen. the solidoodle  was shipped that way. The have to be tethered to the computer.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Many thanks - the options I refer to is on all the "how to" videos I have seen - images
I guess if I was to go into the  code, I could change the hash defines which relates to the default "no" or hack the code itself
but just wanted to see if any one else had are more elegant approach
http://soliforum.com/i/?D0npwXb.png

http://soliforum.com/i/?gkduDMQ.png

i expect the software for the computer has similar options.
Again I have no experience with the davinici and do not care to.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

You should not be saving anything to eeprom. That is not firmware. The firmware is written to the processor. Settings are written to the eeprom. If you use the software XYZ supplies it has an update firmware function. You can also print from it. Many printers even now do not have LCD's but you can can do everything you need through an official or third party host.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.