Topic: Question about using a temp tower

I will be using PLA+ my question is. PLA+ print speed is usually 70mm/s I am going to print lithographs at 35mm/s so when I do the temp tower to check best filament temp should i run at 35mm/s or 70mm/s

Thanks
Dale

Ultimaker S3.

Re: Question about using a temp tower

who says it is "usually" 70mm/s??

Speed depends a lot on the machine it will be run on as well...
As an example, I can run PLA+ on my FT-5 at 100mm/s, but only the SD4s only run at about 40mm/s - two very different machines with very different speed limitations, same exact material... needless to say, on the FT-5, i have to run the material a fair bit hotter than I do on the SD4.

So base you temp tower on the speed you will be using the material at the most. If your primary usage is going to be the lithographs, then do the temp test at that speed

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

thanks Heartless
in the past I have always run whatever the stock speed was for the machine I was running 99% of the stuff i have run in the past I was not worried about fine detail however these lithographs are nothing but detail (Granddaughters wedding pics) .1mm layer thickness so each lithophane will be several hours. and I don't want to spend 16 hours printing only to have to do it over again.
I wanted to print this in PETG but its to damn stringy.
Thanks again for your help.

Ultimaker S3.

no problem

and good luck with them, hope they turn out well

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1