Topic: Da Vinci 1.0a not heating

I have the Da Vinci 1.0a and it started to give off a burning smell and make a grinding sound. I turned it off and unclogged it. However when I put the extruder back in it won’t heat up. I’ve tried replacing the extruder and still nothing. The heating supply wire is connected to the power supply because previously the fuse blew. I’ve tried replacing the wires as well and still it won’t work. Please help me because I am trying to make face shields for hospitals and I need to make more. Thank you.

Re: Da Vinci 1.0a not heating

juliaragno wrote:

I have the Da Vinci 1.0a and it started to give off a burning smell and make a grinding sound. I turned it off and unclogged it. However when I put the extruder back in it won’t heat up. I’ve tried replacing the extruder and still nothing. The heating supply wire is connected to the power supply because previously the fuse blew. I’ve tried replacing the wires as well and still it won’t work. Please help me because I am trying to make face shields for hospitals and I need to make more. Thank you.

You probably blew the 12 volt output from the power supply. Why you would hook up it directly by passing the fuse which could prevent your house from burning down is beyond me. If you have a multimeter measure the voltage at the white connector between the yellow and black wires. If you don't have a multimeter then get one as it is a necessary tool if you own a 3d printer.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
juliaragno wrote:

You probably blew the 12 volt output from the power supply. Why you would hook up it directly by passing the fuse which could prevent your house from burning down is beyond me. If you have a multimeter measure the voltage at the white connector between the yellow and black wires. If you don't have a multimeter then get one as it is a necessary tool if you own a 3d printer.

I know that it was stupid but it was the only way to get it to work since the fuse blew and soldering the fuse didn’t work either. How do I fix this issue?

carl_m1968 wrote:
juliaragno wrote:

I know that it was stupid but it was the only way to get it to work since the fuse blew and soldering the fuse didn’t work either. How do I fix this issue?

5 (edited by carl_m1968 2020-04-06 23:20:34)

Did you measure the voltage between the yellow and black wires on the 4 pin white connector  from the power supply to the mainboard? If it is not 12 volts then the power supply is damaged and will need to be replaced.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.