Topic: Say at home order - lots of time to print but running low on filament.

I hope everyone is doing well.
With this stay at home order I have lots of time to print but running low on PETG. my machine uses 2.85mm Dia. filament so I can't get any locally and amazon is deferring orders right now (3 weeks out). living in Sunny Florida I have a lot of problems with Humidity so I never keep much on hand. I have tried plastic totes, cereal containers,  Exec. but it still draws moisture.
I am thinking of designing a dehumidifying box (dryer box) that will pull and store the moisture outside the box.
Thanks
Dale

Ultimaker S3.

Re: Say at home order - lots of time to print but running low on filament.

dubbsd wrote:

I hope everyone is doing well.
With this stay at home order I have lots of time to print but running low on PETG. my machine uses 2.85mm Dia. filament so I can't get any locally and amazon is deferring orders right now (3 weeks out). living in Sunny Florida I have a lot of problems with Humidity so I never keep much on hand. I have tried plastic totes, cereal containers,  Exec. but it still draws moisture.
I am thinking of designing a dehumidifying box (dryer box) that will pull and store the moisture outside the box.
Thanks
Dale

They say they are but I have received multiple orders for printer supplies and parts within the week I order them. So try to order and see what they say. The worst case you cancel and get your money back. If you live near a Microcenter they are open and sell PETG in your size. It's not like the majority of people are following these orders anyways. Around here in Dallas the streets are just as busy as normal during day and night. Retailers know this and that's why they stay open. There is nothing at Microcenter one would consider essential.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

and that attitude of not following orders to stay home is what is causing this thing to spread more and kill more.

F#%k Amazon, and Bezos putting people at risk and refusing to provide any kind of PPE. Stop supporting places like that. There are plenty of other places to order from. Maybe not as convenient, but far better people.

Coex3d is still shipping and they make their products right here in Wisconsin.  I ordered filament a couple of days ago, and it should be here today. and shipping is very reasonable - $5 for orders over $49, free for over $99

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

printed solid is still shipping store pickup shut down
same day shipping on orders received by noon
free shipping on orders over $ 45

https://www.printedsolid.com/

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

I buy my PETG from Filastruder because the Veracity PETG is superior IMHO.
I just ordered from Filastruder and it is "business as usual" as far as shipping goes. If you haven't tried Veracity yet, now is a perfect time. I made an order last weekend and it showed up in three days as per usual.

Also, I moved back to Jacksonville, FL a couple years ago and Veracity holds up better than many of the typical brands I buy:
-Inland
-Hatchbox
-Overture
-Coex
-even filament I've made with my Filastruder, granted, all rolls I've made are a couple years old, but still work fine.

If you are in the panhandle, I get it since I'm more inland than you, but have you considered storing all rolls in a 5gal bucket with dessicants of some kind? I've talked to 3DP enthusiasts from St Pete who swear by that method while using socks filled with kitty litter. Also, at this point I would like to remind everyone that I am in no way affiliated with Filastruder or Veracity; just a really big fan!

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!