Topic: Help! Davinci 1.0a has 2x black bars and won't show up on computer!

Hey all,

I have been pulling my hair out about this for a long time.

I bought a Davinci 1.0a from a guy on an auction site around 3 months ago, it was working when I picked it up. When I got home and plugged it in, nothing.

I tried searching for an answer for a week or so, but gave up and stored it away.

New Zealand is in isolation now and I'd love to get into 3d printing!

I've tried the j37 jumper to make it show up, nothing.

I've installed Arduino 1.8.0 but that hasn't allowed it to show up either with the SAM board 1.6.8 install.

Any advice on this topic would make me a very happy man, especially as it'll give me something to do!

Thank you in advance.

Post's attachments

91140878_535446200305869_2246003901348184064_n.jpg 1018.96 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

91854366_2649058488554055_2349271648336609280_n.jpg 323.88 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Help! Davinci 1.0a has 2x black bars and won't show up on computer!

The J37 jumper wipes out the firmware. So now there is no firmware on the machine.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

The bars appeared after transporting it home. After days of trying to figure it out I tried the j37 jumper method.

If the printer doesn't show up on usb (tried multiple cables, multiple computers) is it possible to still add firmware?

brokenlimitz wrote:

The bars appeared after transporting it home. After days of trying to figure it out I tried the j37 jumper method.

If the printer doesn't show up on usb (tried multiple cables, multiple computers) is it possible to still add firmware?

You will need the original bin file for the firmware and use a program called bossac to flash it. Without firmware it will not show on any PC. Right now all it has is a boot loader.

Ok I've gone down a little rabbit hole. I found this resource and followed it, but still no luck. https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/da-v … opic:10306

I've downloaded bossac, downloaded the firmware, followed the steps and commands using the bin file I downloaded.

But once I followed all of that, it still didn't show.

Any suggestions?

brokenlimitz wrote:

Ok I've gone down a little rabbit hole. I found this resource and followed it, but still no luck. https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/da-v … opic:10306

I've downloaded bossac, downloaded the firmware, followed the steps and commands using the bin file I downloaded.

Any suggestions?

Then you probably have the 12 volt fuses (zero ohm resistors) on the main board blown. Look at tu he board when powered. There should be three LEDs in one corner that might even be marked as 5v, 3.3v, and 12v. See if the 12v is on or off. If off the fuses are blown.

carl_m1968 wrote:
brokenlimitz wrote:

Any suggestions?

Then you probably have the 12 volt fuses (zero ohm resistors) on the main board blown. Look at tu he board when powered. There should be three LEDs in one corner that might even be marked as 5v, 3.3v, and 12v. See if the 12v is on or off. If off the fuses are blown.

All the lights seem to be going. I had a decent inspection of all the circuits, there is no smell of burns or signs of shorting. Thanks a lot for responding by the way @carl_m1968, really appreciate your time.

I wonder what else would be causing the printer not to show up at all in on the computer port.

@brokenlimitz:  Just curious if you've had any luck getting your Davinci printer working?

I have what sounds like the same problem.  I tried the XYX Firmware tools, different firmware files and the Bossac program.  Everything I have found on this forum essentially.

So far no luck even though I get Successful Flash message.  Just still have black bars. sad

timgtech wrote:

@brokenlimitz:  Just curious if you've had any luck getting your Davinci printer working?

I have what sounds like the same problem.  I tried the XYX Firmware tools, different firmware files and the Bossac program.  Everything I have found on this forum essentially.

So far no luck even though I get Successful Flash message.  Just still have black bars. sad

No, not yet, I can get as far as repetier uploading it to the printer, but I get errors there. I'm just waiting until the lockdown is over to borrow someone else's computer and see if it's a problem with my pc. Apart from that, no idea.

timgtech wrote:

No, not yet, I can get as far as repetier uploading it to the printer, but I get errors there. I'm just waiting until the lockdown is over to borrow someone else's computer and see if it's a problem with my pc. Apart from that, no idea.

OK Thanks.  Good luck and stay safe.  I have tried everything under the sun.  I think I need an actual Atmel firmware dump from a 1.0A  Hopefully someone has one.

carl_m1968 wrote:
brokenlimitz wrote:

You will need the original bin file for the firmware and use a program called bossac to flash it. Without firmware it will not show on any PC. Right now all it has is a boot loader.

Do you by chance know why when using Bossac and original XYZ firmware why it still would not work?  I have all the different version firmware files I found here for the 1.0A and Bossac flash program.  The flash is successful but still just get black bars on screen.

Thanks!

That means a power problem usually or the communication with the LCD is bad due to a damaged ribbon cable.