Topic: Da Vinci Minimaker : filament take a while to get out at a print start

Hi,

I'm new to 3D printing, o maybe it's a simple problem to resolve, but I can't figure it out !

At start of a print, filament doesn't came out for a few second, so the print is missing some spots making the print a fail one later...
So I basically restart the print job a few time, or make a border around the piece, wich is a waste of filament and time...

Is there a way to prime the filament at start ?

I'm using a new Minimaker, black filament PLA from the box, normal printing basic setup...

Any help welcome !

Re: Da Vinci Minimaker : filament take a while to get out at a print start

That wierd. Which version of software are you using. I also own the Minimaker but, before every print it extrues a long rechtangle on the right side of the print to start the filanemt flow and prevent this kind of problems. I am using XYZprint version 1.4

I'm using XYZprint version 2.0.1.

Sometime after slicing, I can see the rectangle run for priming, but most of the time it's not there, I don't know why ?

When the run is there, it's all fine, but when it's not...

I don't know what option produce this run after slicing...

Is that an option issue or a way to make the pieces ?

I'm doing mine with Tinkercad for fun with the kids...

I would say that that is an option or positioning issue. If you move your object to close to the right edge, the rechtangle won't be there.

jure.simon wrote:

I would say that that is an option or positioning issue. If you move your object to close to the right edge, the rechtangle won't be there.

You were right, it's just the position of the pieces that make the prime run appears or disappears ! I've done large flat pieces, but not that large, but you need to keep thing to the right of the print space...

Thanks for the tip !

No problem. Glad I could help smile