Topic: XYZ Nobel 1.0 need help

last year i bought a nobel off ebay as a non working unit. turns out after testing and trouble shooting it, the only things wrong with it was that the uv enclosure was shattered when it go to me because the seller didn't properly pad it, and the stepper motor has to be jump started to get it to move. i tested the cable to see if it was damage, and it showed no signs of breaks when testing it with a multi meter. i bought a nema 17 stepper and swapped it, it also has to be jump started to get the z axis to move. i saw that the factory cable is wired differently  than a standard cable. my main 2 questions are, what motor should i get to replace to original with, and in what way do i need to rewire the header so that it will work with a readily available stepper motor?

Re: XYZ Nobel 1.0 need help

If you need to help the motor start than the vref may be too low from the driver. The question is, it that vref controlled by a pot like a traditional stepper controller or is it controlled by the firmware through a digipot?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: XYZ Nobel 1.0 need help

its been a bit since i looked at the main board, but i don't recall a pot being on the board, then again i wasn't looking for one. when i get a chance i'll taken the panels off it again and examine the main board.