Topic: Is the FTI 230 worth anything?

I work somewhere where there's an FTI 230 that's not being used. I guess the issue is that they bought it several years ago and haven't been using it, but they invested money in it and are reluctant to just recycle it for that purpose.

Any ideas of its value or who, if anyone, might be interested in it?

Re: Is the FTI 230 worth anything?

fti-230 wrote:

I work somewhere where there's an FTI 230 that's not being used. I guess the issue is that they bought it several years ago and haven't been using it, but they invested money in it and are reluctant to just recycle it for that purpose.

Any ideas of its value or who, if anyone, might be interested in it?

On ebay there is one going for $750 but local pickup only. it would need freight service if someone wanted it delivered.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

A lot of the time people will list things on ebay without regard for their actual value. I saw that there are a few listed on ebay, but it didn't seem to give a good indication of the actual value of the thing.

My goal is to see whether it's possible to locate someone who might actually be interested in buying the thing, or, alternatively, to find the value so that we can actually bring that up in an informed way at my job.

The real goal isn't to repair or to get another one. The goal is to find a way to make it not be there, but in a way that satisfies as many people as possible, including the higher-ups.

The value of a used likely obsolete commercial 3d printer is a bit of an open question .
Likely the hardware and software are proprietary ..

The local maker space I purchased a staysis u print like 3 years ago. one the service contract expires it became basically a n expensive boat anchor yes it has value . It sits in my garage as I am hoping to retrofit with open sourced hardware and software.

the value comes in what price the buyer and seller agree upon

and as noted logistics come into play as the units are sometimes large and heavy .
Kind of like a car a lot depends on condition and usability. there are many values auction  wholesale dealer private sale and full retail.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura