Topic: Cura hangs on startup

I have been having trouble with Cura hanging on start up. so I turned in a ticket with Ultimaker ( I have one of the new S3 printers)
tech support gave me step by step instructions to solve the problem which deleted all the added profiles and settings which means I will nor be able to set up 3rd party filament. ( I can not go in and set Color, temp, exc.) I have to use only stock settings. Is Cura that bad or is it Ultimaker. I guess I will set up a profile for the printer In S3D and see if it is better software. I hate to do that with a new printer that is still under warranty but Cura is a PITA.

Thanks
Dale

Ultimaker S3.

2 (edited by carl_m1968 2020-02-08 21:10:39)

Re: Cura hangs on startup

dubbsd wrote:

I have been having trouble with Cura hanging on start up. so I turned in a ticket with Ultimaker ( I have one of the new S3 printers)
tech support gave me step by step instructions to solve the problem which deleted all the added profiles and settings which means I will nor be able to set up 3rd party filament. ( I can not go in and set Color, temp, exc.) I have to use only stock settings. Is Cura that bad or is it Ultimaker. I guess I will set up a profile for the printer In S3D and see if it is better software. I hate to do that with a new printer that is still under warranty but Cura is a PITA.

Thanks
Dale

Just go download Cura 15.04.06 and forget about their new stuff. It is garbage. It's my fallback when i don't use S3D.

https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.