1 (edited by lt72884 2020-02-07 16:29:41)

Topic: filiament motor help

Ok,. so i just finished the e3dv6 conversion for jr1.0. It works about 50% of the time, then the filiament stops flowing. Orginially i thought it was a clog, but as soon as i cancel the print, and restart, the flow is fine. I personally think its the bowden setup. The gears all of a sudden just start grinding and clicking and cant seem to push the filiment.. almost like its a clog, but like i said, once i restart the print, no clog.

Things i think it is:
bad filiment(sunlu)
bad gears and bad bowden motor. it sounds bad even when the gears are not slipping
possible clog

What ideas do you guys have?

thanks

2 (edited by lt72884 2020-02-06 19:48:42)

Re: filiament motor help

Its always in same spot as well, when its small radii or smaller pieces. I hjust tested other filiments and same issue, in same place.

I just canceled the print, and i know its not a clog because hte nozzle is still pushing out filiment:)

Did you run an auto PID after the install? It may be having problems maintaining heat and the auto PID might help.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

Did you run an auto PID after the install? It may be having problems maintaining heat and the auto PID might help.

Im still using stock FW. im not going to convert to ramps. I did watch the temps though and they stayed right at 205 the entire print

Thanks

What about steps per mm on the extruder? Calibrated?

carl_m1968 wrote:

Im not sure if i can do that on the stock firmware of the davinci jr 1.0. But when it did print and i printed a calibration cube, it was spot on.

lt72884 wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

Im not sure if i can do that on the stock firmware of the davinci jr 1.0. But when it did print and i printed a calibration cube, it was spot on.

The extruder calibration is different. I forgot you where on a stock machine so you can't really calibrate the extruder either. Maybe the filament is binding somewhere then.

carl_m1968 wrote:
lt72884 wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

The extruder calibration is different. I forgot you where on a stock machine so you can't really calibrate the extruder either. Maybe the filament is binding somewhere then.

thats my guess and it seems that its somewhere in the extruder motor area. i think the gears may be to worn out?

oh, and my threaded z-rod is out-of-round as well. you can see it wobble as you make the print head move up