Topic: Davinci nano printing ovals...

Hi there, brand new to the forum so please forgive my poor knowledge.
Also brand new to the 3d printing world. The wife has bought me a davinci nano for xmas and since having it i cant get it to print circles right.
It prints on the x-axis (left to right) within arount 0.01mm which is great. But y axis (forwards and backwards) is miles out.
Ive calibrated the machine using auto bed leveling.
Ive adjusted the nozzle so its the thickness of paper away from the bed and puts a very nice first layer down.
Ive also used glue on the bed to aid adhesion.
The belts seem to be all tight but i cant really see any way of adjusting these?
Theres nothing about nanos on youtube or forums that i can see either. Any advise welcome?
Rob

Post's attachments

20200116_195225.jpg
20200116_195225.jpg 1.74 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Davinci nano printing ovals...

Dabill wrote:

Hi there, brand new to the forum so please forgive my poor knowledge.
Also brand new to the 3d printing world. The wife has bought me a davinci nano for xmas and since having it i cant get it to print circles right.
It prints on the x-axis (left to right) within arount 0.01mm which is great. But y axis (forwards and backwards) is miles out.
Ive calibrated the machine using auto bed leveling.
Ive adjusted the nozzle so its the thickness of paper away from the bed and puts a very nice first layer down.
Ive also used glue on the bed to aid adhesion.
The belts seem to be all tight but i cant really see any way of adjusting these?
Theres nothing about nanos on youtube or forums that i can see either. Any advise welcome?
Rob

Most likely the Y motor needs it's steps per mm corrected. The problem is that the firmware on XYZ machines are locked so the user can't make changes to it. You are going to have a tough time fixing it without gutting the controller and putting something after market in it. There are very few nano owners. I don't think it got much advertising and had a limited area of shipping. Your best option would be tying to get XYZ to work with you <giggle> and see what they can do since it is a new machine.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: Davinci nano printing ovals...

Thanks for the response,

I contacted the firm i bought it from and they immedietly offered to collect it back and refund... i suspect that means they've had problems. Might take them up on the offer...