Topic: Suspended filament with paper tags

I got my Da Vinci Mini w secondhand and have never been able to get the official filament. I tried, but their website was awful and I couldn't even get anything added to my cart. Anyway, I've been using paper tags, and they've worked great. I took a couple weeks break from printing over the holidays, and today I went back to it and I get a message that "Your current filament has been suspended." I've tried making 2 new tags and i get the same error message when I go to print. My printer was on wifi, but the wifi is now turned off. It was completely turned off before I programmed the second new tag I tried. Does anyone have any other ideas I could try?

Re: Suspended filament with paper tags

amy91 wrote:

I got my Da Vinci Mini w secondhand and have never been able to get the official filament. I tried, but their website was awful and I couldn't even get anything added to my cart. Anyway, I've been using paper tags, and they've worked great. I took a couple weeks break from printing over the holidays, and today I went back to it and I get a message that "Your current filament has been suspended." I've tried making 2 new tags and i get the same error message when I go to print. My printer was on wifi, but the wifi is now turned off. It was completely turned off before I programmed the second new tag I tried. Does anyone have any other ideas I could try?

Are you setting them to 200m and not 300m?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

3 (edited by amy91 2020-01-08 02:57:50)

carl_m1968 wrote:

Are you setting them to 200m and not 300m?

Yes, it is set to 200m. I just tried a third tag. I unloaded the printer, took my laptop off wifi, programmed a new tag, put new tag on printer and reloaded the tag, in that order, and got the same error message. The serial number is shows on the message is the same no matter which tag I am using.

Edit to add: The error message includes this link https://www.xyzprinting.com/support/en- … amentError

You can't reload a tag. You must use a new tag each time. You also program a tag using a phone, not the printer. Once printer sees a bad serial it will remember it and lock it out.Not sure what you mean by put tag on printer then loaded tag.

carl_m1968 wrote:

You can't reload a tag. You must use a new tag each time. You also program a tag using a phone, not the printer. Once printer sees a bad serial it will remember it and lock it out.Not sure what you mean by put tag on printer then loaded tag.

That's a typo. I reloaded the filament after putting the new tag on the printer. I've tried several new tags and each one still says it's locked and displays the same serial number.

amy91 wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

That's a typo. I reloaded the filament after putting the new tag on the printer. I've tried several new tags and each one still says it's locked and displays the same serial number.

Are you actually changing the serial number in the tag or keeping the default one each tag has?

carl_m1968 wrote:
amy91 wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

Are you actually changing the serial number in the tag or keeping the default one each tag has?

I was under the impression that each tag had a unique serial number already, so I've been keeping the default. I guess that's what I need to look into how to do. I've been using an old S6 I picked up for cheap and the app I found on this forum to make my tags, and it doesn't appear to have an option to change the serial number. I'll have to look into some other methods. Thank you.

8 (edited by carl_m1968 2020-01-09 20:25:37)

amy91 wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
amy91 wrote:

I was under the impression that each tag had a unique serial number already, so I've been keeping the default. I guess that's what I need to look into how to do. I've been using an old S6 I picked up for cheap and the app I found on this forum to make my tags, and it doesn't appear to have an option to change the serial number. I'll have to look into some other methods. Thank you.

You should not change it. Use the defaults. One app let's you change them and it was causing some confusion.

carl_m1968 wrote:
amy91 wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:

You should not change it. Use the defaults. One app let's you change them and it was causing some confusion.

I solved my problem by ordering an Ender 3. The Da Vinci will be donated back to goodwill.