Topic: Modeling And Slicing In SelfCAD

Hello Guys.
I just began modeling and slicing in SelfCAD https://www.selfcad.com. Anyone with an idea of how to split a big model in order to print them in parts.

Re: Modeling And Slicing In SelfCAD

Sorry, I don't use "pay to use" online tools like that. There are far too many completely free programs available.

I know the current trend is to do everything "cloud" based, but I will not join that movement. I live in the country where internet can be difficult, slow, and even non-existent at times. I would get absolutely nothing done.

Why not ask the provider how to split large objects? or If they have a community group, maybe ask there.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Thank you for your feedback.

Sammy50 wrote:

Hello Guys.
I just began modeling and slicing in SelfCAD https://www.selfcad.com. Anyone with an idea of how to split a big model in order to print them in parts.

You incorporate the split into your design. You must also allow for the assembly of the parts either by glue, interlocking, or screws. There is no soft ware that will do it automatically at the CAD level.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

it appears you both have been bated by a spammer.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

it appears you both have been bated by a spammer.

so it would appear, but the other posts had not been made when I replied to this person.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1