Topic: Virtual Swap of Extruders on da Vinci Duo 2.0A

I have a da Vinci Duo 2.0A.  The left extruder (T0) has an issue with either a clog or the brass drive wheel.  I can't figure out what is up with it at the moment, just consider it pretty much shot.

The right extruder (T1) has an issue with the 12v supply on the board.  Nothing I have tried seems to revive it.  It's definitely a board issue.

Anyway, my question is this.  Can I swap some cables on the board to at least get one extruder working?  I'm thinking if the right extruder is still in good condition as far as no clogs, the drive gears, thermistor, etc., I just need to get some power to it.  Can I swap both 12v heater connections as well as the cables that control the extruder motors?  See attached image.

Would that theoretically get me up and running?  I would still be printing to T0 but T1 would actually be doing the work.  Aside from the offset being wrong, it should work, no?

Post's attachments

SwapExtruders.jpg
SwapExtruders.jpg 458.63 kb, 2 downloads since 2019-12-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Virtual Swap of Extruders on da Vinci Duo 2.0A

Well, just for anyone else's info, this doesn't work.  The right extruder heats up fine, the thermistor works on it, etc.  Extruding isn't happening though.  I'm not sure if it's trying to retract instead of extrude, but nothing happens.  You hear the gears doing something.  Even when I try to do a retract I was expecting it to extrude but it didn't.