Topic: Ironing / Smoothing in New Software??

Well, I pulled out the Mini W today to print a replacement part I had to design in Fusion, and it immediately forced me to upgrade XYZ Print and the firmware.  I don't know if my memory is fading, but I can't seem to find the smoothing or ironing function anymore?  Did they do away with this?  That actually worked pretty good?

Re: Ironing / Smoothing in New Software??

mrmagloo wrote:

Well, I pulled out the Mini W today to print a replacement part I had to design in Fusion, and it immediately forced me to upgrade XYZ Print and the firmware.  I don't know if my memory is fading, but I can't seem to find the smoothing or ironing function anymore?  Did they do away with this?  That actually worked pretty good?

Look and see if they now use the correct term called combing.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

No Combing, Ironing, or Smoothing. Why the heck did they remove this?

Hello

A couple of days ago I got an answer on from XYZPrinting, about this. In an earlier version of XYZPrint and their Settings, there were the options like smoothing & ironing

In the Version for 2.0.1 it isn't available anymore. Is a pity, for my purpose, it should be a superb functionality <.-<8

Here all the parameters; (I think it is not completed, the Support parameters are not listed!!! As

General:
First Layer Height: The recommended value is already set as 0.35mm. Thicker first layer will help the object to adhere better on the bed. Can be adjusted from 0.02~0.4mm
Nozzle Temperature: The temperature will automatically adjust depending on the filament type that you will use.
PLA/Anti-Bact/Tough PLA: 210°C PETG: 220°C
But if you'll start noticing issues like print stringing, chances are your filament is being heated in a too high temperature. Heat will decrease the viscosity of molten filament and make it more prone to stringing, so if all else fails adjust the temperature. But please note that this tends to decrease the strength of your print, so temperature shouldn’t be reduced below the minimum specifications. Can be adjusted from 190°C~240°C.
And if you will encounter prints not sticking on the bed, you can try to adjust the temperature a little higher but make sure that it is still closer to default setting or within the specs. You can also apply glue on the bed tape before printing.
Enable Lightweight: Solid and stable, the strength is suitable for most models. Large and round models (in the hollow & lightweight mode)can save print consumables and time.
Infill Density: The higher the infill density, the stronger the object, but the filament consumption and printing time will also increase. Can be adjusted from 0 ~ 100%.
Infill Type: This is the style of the infill structure.
Layer Height: If you want a finer print, you can adjust it to 0.1 for more accuracy. (but it will take longer to print) Can be adjusted from 0.02~0.4mm
First Layer Height: Can be adjusted from 0.02 ~ 0.4mm.
Shell Thickness Normal: The higher the shell number, the thicker the wall will be. It is set as 2 layers in the software but you can adjust it from 1~10.
Shell Thickness Top Surface: 5 layers is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 0~20 layers.
Shell Thickness Bottom Surface: 5 layers is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 0~20 layers.
Detail Threshold: The lower the detail threshold, the finer the print, but the fineness will not exceed the original image. Can be adjusted from 0.001 ~ 1mm.
Avoid crossing printed parts when not extruding: When the nozzle moves, it will evade the printed parts of the same height. This is to avoid possible nozzle deformation when crossing the object, but it will increase the printing time due to such bypass.
Inner Shells (Insets): Set the inset degree of each inner layer shape. Can be adjusted from 0 ~ 0.4mm.

Speed:
Shells Normal: 30mm/s is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 5~250mm/s.
Shells Surface: 30mm/s is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 5~250mm/s.
Shell Small Radius: This is usually used when printing small parts. Set as 15mm/s. Can be adjusted from 5~250mm/s.
Infill Normal: 60mm/s is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 5~250mm/s.
Infill Top Surface: You can slow it down to get a nicer top surface finish. Set as 60mm/s. Can be adjusted from 5~250mm/s.
Solid Infill: 60mm/s is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 5~250mm/s.
Bridge Printing Speed: 20mm/s is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 5~250mm/s.
Non-Printing Movement Speed: 100mm/s is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 5~250mm/s.
Bottom Layer Speed: speed when printing the first layer. Set as 10mm/s. Can be adjusted from 10~250mm/s.
Retract Speed: Since da Vinci mini is a bowden type, it will be better to have the speeds in the range of 30mm/s – 50mm/s. Set as 30mm/s in the software and can be adjusted from 10~200mm/s.

Retraction:
Retract Length: 5mm is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 0~10mm.
Activate Threshold (minimum travel length): 5mm is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 0~100mm. Nozzle Lifting for Retraction: 0mm is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 0~10mm.
Add Extra Height after Travel <Retraction: 0mm is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 0~10mm. Retract at beginning of each layer (yes/no): Yes
Disable retraction withing current perimeter (yes/no): No

Extrusion Ratio:
Shell Extrusion Ratio: 100% is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 80~200%.
Infill Extrusion Ratio: 100% is the recommended setting. Can be adjusted from 80~200%.

Others:
Seam Corner Preferences
 Smart Hiding: Makes the seam appear as close as possible to the contour grooves  Random: Randomly distributes where the seams apppear