Topic: da Vinci Duo 2.0A Extruder Gear

I am looking for a replacement for both the brass and the silver drive wheel shown here in the pictures. My left extruder will not pull the filament anymore, or at least not consistently. That silver wheel is pretty wobbly compared to the other extruder (the other wobbles very very little). The brass gear is also pretty worn compared to the other. You can see how worn in the pictures. The other extruder has been barely used so you can see the difference. The springs look fine also I think.

I see that the silver wheel can probably come off pretty easily (not sure yet), I see just a plate attached and it will probably pop off. I just need a replacement. As for the brass wheel, that looks pressed on to the motor shaft. Would I have to buy a new motor with brass wheel attached already?

Has anyone dealt with this before?  Any idea where to get suitable parts or if this is even fixable?  I already put in a ticket with XYZPrinting support.  I'm not sure I will get anywhere with them but I figured I would try.

Also on a side note, what is that silver wheel and the brass gear called technically? Extruder gear, wheel, etc.?  Just so I am searching with the correct terminology.

Post's attachments

Left.jpg
Left.jpg 632.49 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Right.jpg
Right.jpg 565.16 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by carl_m1968 2019-12-03 11:23:31)

Re: da Vinci Duo 2.0A Extruder Gear

The silver wheel is an idler but it is also used in this machine to detect jams. There is an optical sensor on the board across from it that detects the light and dark patterns as it spins.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

I am having a similar problem with mine. Not printing consistently. I am thinking about replacing the entire assembly with one of these, I just need to figure out the number of steps between the nozzles to reflash the eeprom with.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T9CQNSP/?c … _lig_dp_it

Bryan.byrne wrote:

I am having a similar problem with mine. Not printing consistently. I am thinking about replacing the entire assembly with one of these, I just need to figure out the number of steps between the nozzles to reflash the eeprom with.

Unless you plan to buy a suitable carriage as well, this will not mount on the stock XYZ carriage.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
Bryan.byrne wrote:

Unless you plan to buy a suitable carriage as well, this will not mount on the stock XYZ carriage.

Ingenuity