1 (edited by markkcunningham 2019-11-24 01:04:21)

Topic: Da Vinci 1.0 AIO no connection to pc at all

After a major over hall of my motherboard and CPU I now cannot connect to my Da Vinci 1.0A anymore. I have since re flashed the Arduino uno board and cannot connect to it to finish the job. The port previously showed hidden(grey out) Arduino and had the com port. Any ideas on what to do here besides switching usb ports(been there done that)! And used different cables as well!

Re: Da Vinci 1.0 AIO no connection to pc at all

I assume you reinstalled the drivers?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

3 (edited by markkcunningham 2019-11-24 19:49:05)

windows drivers? Of course! I use a driver support app that keeps all drivers up to date!

markkcunningham wrote:

windows drivers? Of course! I use a driver support app that keeps all drivers up to date!

Actually I meant the drivers that came with the printer.

5 (edited by markkcunningham 2019-11-26 04:20:07)

It was flashed for Marlin/Repeitier .92/1.5.8 so unless i can manipulate the SD card im not sure what can done other than upgrade the board. suggestions?

you seem to be misunderstanding what is being said.

there are drivers that come with a printer that allow it to connect to the pc - if the correct driver is not installed, it will not work correctly.

this has nothing to do with the firmware that is installed on the printer, and windows likes to use the WRONG drivers for 3d printers when allowed to update things automatically.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

You need to reinstall the software that came with the printer in order to reinstall the drivers. The board still has a specific com chip that has no relation to the firmware. But what happens is when you do install new firmware the com port usually gets reassigned and the drivers are no longer linked to the new port. Windows will install the drivers on the new port it thinks need to be there and like Heartless said they are usually wrong.

You also have to make sure that when you flashed the firmware you recorded what the com port speed was in the firmware as your host like cura or repetier host has to be set to the same speed to get a connection.

i did not record the speed so it looks like ill be starting over. any tutorials on this. been a while since i did this.